Parking Fine car removal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I got a parking fine last year that i didnt do anything about in the first 28 days which is my own fault, I just lost track of days if ya like. When i tried calling them they told it was too late and i had to pay. Gave me some shpeel about if i can afford to run a car i can afford the fine. I am disabled and have a motability car. They soon went quiet after I told them that and just said they cant help me.

I didnt get anything but a letter a few weeks ago saying a there was a warrant and a baliff would be coming to seize goods from my property.

A Baliff came out this evening stating that he knows its a motability car but it doesnt matter has motability are gonna remove my car and I will lucky if its there in the morning.

I was just wondering whether he's right, or is he just trying to scare me. I cant call motability as there phone lines shut at 5.30pm and he didnt call till 6.30pm. I didnt have the cash to pay them back then and I dont have it now. Does anybody know whats gonna happen to my car and will I ever get it back as I really need it. I cant out without it. I am really panicking, a bit late I know :oops:

Thanks

Sammy

Can we rewind a bit. You say you had a parking ticket... issued by who? From the 'shpeel' you say you had, it sounds most unprofessional which makes me suspect its not the LA. In any event, I don't think they can remove a motability car but they may be able to remove goods to the value of. that's providing that they are acting on behalf of the LA or that they are county court baliffs. Can you please calrify.

No expert but to my knowledge they cannot touch a mobility car as it would be under lease so would not be your property.

dpick

Not necessarily. It depends on whay type motability contract the OP has. Some are HP agreements but even so, i'm not sure they can take it as it is a disbaled person's car. I'm more interested in the circumstances relating to the parking ticket.

The ticket was issued by Manchester City Council. The Bailiff came today and told me he cant take the car but he has been on the phone to Motability adn they are gonna take it and I will be lucky if it is there in the morning. He never mentioned taking anything from my home. Is that any clearer

Sorry if the shpeel bit was confusing, it was the Bailiff who was going on about my car.

So I take it you never appealed the ticket and havn't responded to any further correspondence about it. I'm not sure motability will take any action at all... why would they? You would of signed a decleration accepting all traffic matters so they will regard you as being responsible. I think the bailiff is just trying to spook you. I think there is a way to get the situation re-wound to the appeal stage but others know about that better than me. In the meantime, how did you manage to get a ticket in the first place as you are no doubt a blue badge holder?

When the ticket was issued I was parked outside a hotel that had double yellows but i didnt see the yellow marking on the kerb it wasnt marked very well. I was only checking out of a hotel and the hotel said i could park there for 30 mins I was there 20. At that time I was going through loads of medical tests as they thought I had MS and forgot about it, when I remembered it was too late, I tried ringing them to ask if I could pay in instalments but they werent interested I was just told I had to pay it, I should have done it within 28 days. I then got a demending letter so I did the same and got the same response. I then get a Bailiff notice that someone was coming to the house to remove goods. I was mortified. I was expecting this guy but I didnt know what to do about it. I didnt know there was places like this I wish I had.

The Bailiff came today and told me he cant take the car but he has been on the phone to Motability adn they are gonna take it and I will be lucky if it is there in the morning.

All bluff and bluster that has had the desired effect. Bailiff will say anything to get you to cough up. Whatever happens do NOT allow him in your home, lock you doors and windows and speak to him through the letterbox. Do not phone him unless you can record the conversation - they have been known to have selective memories on recall.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you still got the ticket? If so have a look to see what the appeal process is. Obviously it is too late to obtain the discounted rate but you still may have the right to appeal it which should re-wind the process and get the bailffs off your back.

Thanks for the help I will definately try that sailorsam. I have moved it from its original place so will have a look and see if i can find :D

Thanks ploddertom I knew they would say something I just didnt realise the extremes they would go to and what they would say. I was definately panicking over it. I cant live without my car lol. This will definately teach me a lesson.

The Bailiff came today and told me he cant take the car but he has been on the phone to Motability adn they are gonna take it and I will be lucky if it is there in the morning.

Remember the giveaway here is that he never levied/seized your vehicle and has left no Notice of seizure - he knows he can't do it but is hoping you don't.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

An Update:

I called Mobility first thing this morning and they informed me they wouldnt be getting involved and thanked me for informing them on the situation. I have looked for the original pcn but cant find it, god knows where I have put it. I did find a charge certificate telling the fine had increased by 50% but thats all I have at the moment. Now do I just wait for the bailliff to come back or is there something else I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sammy_
Spelling