Charging Order Removal issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following a long running (ten year!) battle with the Child Support Agency I ended up with a charging order placed against my house at the Land Registry.

To briefly set the scene the CSA originally tried to screw me for £24,000. I had several "meetings" with CSA staff at my home and elsewhere at which documents were presented refuting the debt.

In 1998 they had accepted that the debt was not £24,000 and were now saying I owed nearly £11,000. My figure was less than £2000.

In 1999 they took me to the Mags court for the £11,000. At the court I met with a CSA officer before the hearing and asked her why they had not taken account of various documents. After looking at my copies and a hurried look through her file she admitted that they hadn't taken account of them, had no explanation as to why and had to hang her head and grovel to the Judge to explain why they needed to stay the case.

This goes on and on and on...... whole series of cock-ups for years with them claiming not to have received documents that their people had personally collected and signed receipts for, etc...., incorrect calculations..... the list goes on.

Anyway, in 2005 another attempt at a court hearing takes place at which they are claiming £6,000 (yes, it's gone down again!!!) and I'm countering with "I owe £1,476 and not a penny more". Pre-hearing discussions again take place with no agreement so into the court we go. Judge examines all the papers and agrees with my calculation (yay!!!). CSA accept judges decision and ask for immediate payment. At the time I couldn't pay up all at once so the cheeky barstewards ask for, and get a Charging Order!!! To say that I was astounded is putting it mildly!!!

The full amount was paid at the end of last year but CSA have not removed the charging order. I have written to them twice demanding that they get it removed but have got no response.

What should I do now? Are there any legal routes I could go down? I'd love to take the CSA to court just for personal satisfaction.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

What should I do now? Are there any legal routes I could go down? I'd love to take the CSA to court just for personal satisfaction.

Pete

Write to HM Land Registry, with copies of the court hearing and order for the final amount, plus proof of payment, plus copies of the letters that you have sent asking for the charging order to be removed, all with a cover letter stating that you are now contesting the grounds for the charging order, and wish to have the order removed.

The Land Registry will then write to the agency asking if they wish to contend the matter.

Saying that, did you not ask for it to be removed as part of the final payment settlement?

I'm often a sarcastic SOB and speak my mind (and I don't do PC at all), but I have a laugh as I go. I won't be intimidated, and I don't take prisoners... so live with it, or go get yourself a humour implant :p

Copy of Law book from Amazon…£19.95, Refund Request stamp...32p, LBA stamp...also 32p, Court fees...£750.00,

The look on the bank's barrister's face, when they lost the '£25k Mother-of-all unfair charges' cases...(plus his £8k+ of costs)... Priceless!

The legal bit: These are my opinions and own view of legislation and process. I accept no liability whatsoever for any outcome as a result of anyone invoking any or all of the advice given - clarify your own personal stuation with an insured legal professional.

Saying that, I've used these methods against many of these corporate crooks:evil: and won hands down!:D

Saying that, did you not ask for it to be removed as part of the final payment settlement?

Yes, the judge also said that once full payment was made then the CSA must remove the Order. Not stated in writing on the judgement though.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6