duncton finance put gps tracker on (without me knowing)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi just put a thread in motoring but it involved a repossession of my car.

bought a car from a mercedes garage and was financed by duncton.

to cut a long story short had 25,400 on finance (just over by 400 pouds over regulated therefore unregulated - yes i am stupid!!!!!)

things getting worse struggled with payments but it was either sleep in car or have a house so car got repossessed which i wont go into at the moment.

my main concern is that going through the papers that they sent it seems that the car had been fitted with a tracker and that duncton had monitored the cars and my movements for 2 years. i was not aware of this at all nor in any docs did it say anything either from duncton or the garage. obviously duncton had the number to dial for the tracking and obviously the tracking devices software which i was totally oblivous to.

is this legal? i see a lot about company cars vans etc or even hired leased cars but not on personal cars. i understanding its just in case the car gets nicked but surely i should be aware.

another chap on this site i found had found out a tracker was being fitted without his knowledge by a garage by duncton without his knowledge he asked if it was legal but no outcome or answer really came out.

any answers please let me know

no nothing in the agreement or anything to do with the garage as i said another chap on this site when he phoned the garage to see when he was collecting the car was told by the garage that they were putting a tracker on but he let the cat out of the bag i think because he shouldnt have known as duncton didnt want him to know. its on this site somewhere under duncton.