Talk Talk engineer charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree with the OP, the faceplate where the D side of the network connects to the faceplate including the test socket belongs to the network operator, the removable lower half which plugs into the test socket belongs to the customer which is where any customer installed extension connect.

My hubby worked in telecoms for years. And I sadly worked for Virgin Media Faults when they were known as Telewest many moons ago.

Dig your heels in that rear plate isn't a consumer servicable part as well as the wiring and polarity issues what come with it.

This sort of explains it

http://www.clarity.it/telecoms/nte5.htm

I have to say I have no affiliation with the link above, however it does show what you can do and what you can't.

Edited by nicolee2931
typo

Hello, I am a researcher currently looking into how mobile phone companies/broadband providers deal with customer issues.

I read your blog and would be so interested to hear more about your experiences with Talk Talk.

Do contact me at

info.harrietsergeant

@gmail.com

Many thanks

Laura

• 2 months later...

I started up with TalkTalk a month ago and they promised a good deal but then charged me for things that should be free.

I have had to ring them twice saying I want to cancel before they gave me the deal they said in the first place.

They tried to say the offer was out of date and that it was for 6 months not a year.

They also tried to charge an engineers fee. Luckily I kept the special offer pamphlet that came in the post and I scanned it and emailed it to them as proof.

They have now agreed to honour the deal.

The broadband itself is good, what a shame they try to rip you off (my son had the same thing with them and he did cancel because of it).

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

• 6 months later...

Hi folks

Sorry to drag up an older thread but I am intersted by the point made earlier that anything before the faceplate is the responsibility of the provider. We had an engineer out due to loss of signal. He was here for fifteen minutes and it cost us 129.99.

We have a wire that comes into the house, then surface wiring along the skirting board up to a faceplate. The fault was before the faceplate.

He was vague about cost, saying we "may" be charged. Nothing happened for a few months, then today they took the fee as part of our regular direct debit. As you can imagine we're a bit peeved about the cost about the level of cost, the delay in processing it and whether we are actually liable. Any thoughts?

Was the fault yours? Had you tripped on the wire and snapped it or something? If so you will be charged. If not, complain. Maybe the TalkTalk rep will pop in here and offer some assistance.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi folks

Sorry to drag up an older thread but I am intersted by the point made earlier that anything before the faceplate is the responsibility of the provider. We had an engineer out due to loss of signal. He was here for fifteen minutes and it cost us 129.99.

We have a wire that comes into the house, then surface wiring along the skirting board up to a faceplate. The fault was before the faceplate.

He was vague about cost, saying we "may" be charged. Nothing happened for a few months, then today they took the fee as part of our regular direct debit. As you can imagine we're a bit peeved about the cost about the level of cost, the delay in processing it and whether we are actually liable. Any thoughts?

As TalkTalk have breached the DD Guarantee I would ask the bank to recall the full amount. TT shoudl have given you at least 10 days notice that the amount on the DD was being altered. Secondly any problem before the faceplate is not chargeable as a consumer is not allowed to interfere with the wiring. They should not be charging you repairing the fault if it was before the faceplate and you can put it into dispute. Get the money back first via the bank and then raise the dispute.

Hi, thanks for the reply. To be fair to them it was on my bill which came 10 days before. However I do still dispute the charge on the same basis that you say. I was wondering though, if unsatisfied, I will want to switch provider. This will be made difficult if they see me as having an outstanding engineer charge.

1st I'd like to clarify if this is before the master socket. If possible and not 2 much of an intrusion, could you take a photo of the master socket? (just to verify that it is a master socket) and upload it to http://imageshack.us/ or photobucket.

The Direct Debit Guarantee covers you if they've taken the wrong amount. You can go into your bank, explain they have charged you the wrong amount and tell them the DD guarantee says the bank will IMMEDIATELY refund it.

Note the highlighted link above on the words direct debit, and you can also read about this on bacs website http://www.bacs.co.uk/bacs/businesses/directdebit/collecting/pages/customersrights.aspx

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Righty, I'd report this issue on their "member forum" website. http://www.talktalkmembers.com/forums/index.php and post a link to your thread there in here so we can keep up to date.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

I rung them last night and they've passed it on and am awaiting a call back by Tuesday. You still reckon posting on their forum?

BT engineer advised incorrectly. The filter is after the box therefore you are liable. Sorry not what you wanted to hear. Normally when you purchase a modem it comes supplied with these filters. Also if you had raised the issue with TalkTalk one of the first things that they should have asked is whether you had a filter in place. If you replied No they should have suggested one. You could argue this point if you did contact them. Who supplied the router?

I personally would. I've only ever gotten great service from their forum, plus everything is in black and white, so if your complaint does go to "alternative dispute resolution" then you have the info there.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi

The filter is before the box. It's the first thing that the cable comes into. Then from the filter it goes to the only phone point in the house.

There is also an ADSL filter at the box as you can see from the photo, which works fine.

Apologies as misunderstood photos and where the filter is located prior to the socket. Anything prior to socket is non chargeable. get the DD back and then argue the point. Rather the money in your pocket than theirs. After a previous experience with them I have no time for TalkTalk.

TT customer services failed to call back, surprise surprise. Recalled payment. Interestingly the bank said that if Talk Talk said they were justified in taking that amount, then the bank would take the money back off me. Scant protection methinks.

Bank needs to prove that TalkTalk were justified in taking that amount when it is being disputed.

Did you post on their "Member forum"?

Or contact the CEO [email protected]

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Did you post on their "Member forum"?

Or contact the CEO [email protected]

I did. They were quick to respond (incorrectly might I add) and say the charge stands. Recalled the payment prior to complaint.

Spoke to them today, account was showing up to date so they have said will lift the bar. Am sure they'll change their tune when they realise the payment has been recalled.