Kitchen Woes - Credit Card Protection?

sri_130

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I spent a few minutes trying to find a category to put this question in! Hopefully its right.

My wife and I needed a new kitchen and after being recommended to a local firm, we found their quotation and plan attractive. We gave them the go ahead, paying a 10% deposit by debit card in order to get the kitchen and appliances ordered and booked in. We then received a brief, but itemised summary of what we would be receiving, which again seemed fine.

Work started and its a joke. The main issues are the quality of the product, but there have been other issues too:

- completely ruined the walls taking the old tiles off (fair enough a tough job, but cost us more in platerer fees)

- carcasses were second hand/ex display! - complained and they were replaced for new

- chips in facia's

- doors incorrectly aligned

- corner cupboard door is actually 2 seperate cupboards - doors don't even match up, so they 'added' panels with glue!

- items agreed verbally not carried out (my own fault for not having them written down)

- complete lack of a cutlery drawer - yet plan says we'd have one

- chip in the plinth

- taken 7 working days to have it installed and its still not right.

We paid 90% on my Lloyds TSB credit card 10 days ago - they wouldn't install without full payment and again its our own fault - being unexperienced with tradesmen.

Where do I stand here? After phone calls are not being returned by the company owner - but I would either like it rectifying within a reasonable timeframe or some of my money back to cover our unhappiness.

I rang the credit card company who said they have launched a dispute, but said someone would contact me to discuss soon - does this mean I should still pay the bill this month? I've read that I might have some assistance with section 75 of the credit act?

Any help greatly appreciated.