welcome finance and a VT

ajd01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3605 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey dx,

cheers for reply.yeah,somethings not right with all this so SAR getting done the weekend.spoke to them this morning and still what every they say makes no senses,just seem to make stuff up as they go along.told them this,and if they want the so called money owed take it to court as i wont pay a penny.this is 2 years old,they never chased for it and its me doing the chasing them as i want the default of my file.

Any ideas if i can claim back charges such as: hpdi,add hoc fee,capitalisation.i am going to claim for the £25 phone calls and £20 letter fees but need to know if i can claim the other stuff??..

cheers

The capitalization is welcomes interest so you cant really claim that back how ever I would be claiming back all their charges and adding interest at their rate of interest on top or if you want to be kind to them charge it at the 8% a court would apply.

You will need the SAR first to see all the info. Look out for something called 'welcome Elite Brokers' regarding the finance for the car this should be on the underwriting sheet (if you get it) this is evidence of Welcome paying 'themselves' commission which is a huge no no and becoming more prevalent the more digging people on her are doing.

Make sure you you look for things like being charged interest on the acceptance fee for the finance if it was not included in the total amount of finance this again is a massive no no!

Good luck it is a midfield however take your time and go through it all with a fine tooth comb

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have posted about this before but having hacked away at these cowboys i final have all i need to use against them,and they provide the ammo.

Ill try to keep it short....

Right,back in may 06 i took out HP agreement with these idiots...fast forward to june 13th 09 i VT the car with what i thought was no liabilty as i had paid well over have.It takes them 4 weeks to collect the car (so july).They sell the car at auction on the 7 dec 09 then send me a letter to state i am liable for £3985.98 (this is the ammount they have come to after deducting the sale of the car £1874.90 and then adding some weird fees on).

I dispute this and then continue to ignore them.

Earlier this year i find out i have a default on my file for £3985.91 kindly registered by welcome on 29 october 09.

So now i go down the correct route of putting in an official complaint to welcome.

I got a final decision back this week and here is what they claim:

They claim i the default was registered 29th october because i was more than 60 days in arrears,they claim the VT was done on the 6th nov 09 and the car was collected 26th 09.?

liability @ VT = £3417.04 + cost = £3885.98

They have confirmed all this in writing and say it is there final decision and need to arrange payment.

Now this is what i have :

I claim the VT was done on 13th june 09(which it was) and the car was collected 4- 6 weeks later after many calls to them.

I have a copy of the original letter from there agent that was given to us on collection clearly dated 10th july 09 as collection date.It states that liability at VT = £2282.91 (still unsure where that comes from??) as account was upto date till june 09..

even if there was this liability if we take of the sale of the car we would be looking at £400 ish liability.

So in short they have lied about liability owing,collection date of the car and registered a default on my account 5 months after the VT so have well and truely missed there opportunity to register a default.And i have all this in letters and statement to back this up....

I am currently waiting for a complaintment form from the finiancal ombudsman to put all to them.

Does anybody advise taking this further or will just get them and be resolved.

My main anger at these idiots is the default which recently stopped me from getting a business loan to by a business.The bank actual told me that while this is there i would strugle to obtain a loan with them.

Anybody got any advice how far i should take this matter.caused me a lot of stress recently this and would love to see them suffer.

Cheers in advance

• 1 year later...

Going to keep this short..

Had a car on finance with these muppets from years 06 - 09.

I voluntary terminated with no liablity in the may 09,they tried to put it of by getting me to sell the car but eventually gave in a picked it up early july.

Anyway they said i owed money,which as far as i am concerned i dont, £3417..

I paid ove £7k of £12k loan,so over 50%

Anyway the removed the default when i pressured them because they said the car was collected in november and i didnt make payments fromapril.So 8 months missed.But they didnt know i had all paperwork to show the car was collected start of july.Think they got panic on at that point.

Now the problem is they have sold this so called debt to lowell and they keep sending letters,which i throw in the bin.I did once ring them and told them to take me to court,which they havent,but i am getting really sick of the hassle from them.

I have all statements from welcome which show charges.ie: telphone charge,capitalisation fee.

Im thinking of hitting them with a refund the charges letter but want to make sure i can claim back capitalisation fee??.If i can the charges come to £2300,before interest.there interest was 16%.do i apply this or the standard 8%.

Any advice guys.

Cheers

Hi, Lowell again with another duff Welcome debt!!

You need to make a Formal Complaint to Lowell.

Address to Ms Sara de Tute

Director of Legal & Compliance

The Lowell Group

Ellington House

9 Savannah Way

Leeds

LS10 1AB

Mark as Private & Confidential and send signed for post.

You need to be very careful with Lowell on an alleged debt of this value, the company is inclined to issue Statutory Demands on large debts, so challenge on the basis of the VT.

BTW is this on your credit reference files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks for the reply.

No,welcome removed the default and all history from Equifax and sent a letter saying they had overlooked certain aspects of the account.they insisted I was liable for payments from April - November until I.sent them the signed collection for the.vehicle clearly showing it was returned in in early July..think this why they panicked,Rey had clearly tried to deceive and thought I had not kept paper work.

Also if Lowell own the debt are they responsible for the charges?,or does this fall on welcomes toes??..

If there was any debt to be paid and Lowell removed all charges from the account it would most likely ammount to £0.00 or very close.

As said earlier I told Lowell via telephone,I will not pay anything and there only option if they are 100% certain I owe is to take me to court,bit they just send a letter every 3/4 month's.

all want to do is resolve this 100% as I am getting tired of the letters and don't want to leave the claiming of charges to late.

Just to.add...

I still have all paperwork showing the made up dates and copies of the made up liability ammount that they sent out..duplicate copies..the apology was issued after I pulled them on this and sent them actually copies of the true dates..it makes for entertaining reading actually.

Just to.add...

I still have all paperwork showing the made up dates and copies of the made up liability ammount that they sent out..duplicate copies..the apology was issued after I pulled them on this and sent them actually copies of the true dates..it makes for entertaining reading actually.

Glad to hear you have all the documents!

Do you have the apology in writing ?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yep..I have kept everything.even though it was 2009 I just knew I would need it as it was a nightmare at the time and with it being welcome.

When I originally complained the did their investigation of the account and refused all I said..until I sent them copies of the paperwork that backed my claim up,that is when the sent the apology.

I refused to send them originally as did not see why I should have to prove anything,their mishandling of the account was their problem to solve,and this is why I am doing the same with Lowell.they bought an account without looking into it and thats their problem.

Know that welcome have sold an account that they should habe showed as settled I am going to claim back charges on principal.