• Tweets

• Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
    • Well naturally if you want to maintain your outrage, and retain something to bitch about, then arguing about the level of your fixed monthly DD is the way to go. You are of course perfectly free to ignore the easy solution.
    • His financial situation isn’t great, and the landlord has made lots of things up. The things he’s put isn’t true at all. My friend did tell the full truth with incoming and outgoing, I helped him fill in his form and he checked bills etc. to make sure it was right. His wage is ok, but not as good as the landlord thinks it is,  and he doesn’t have anything spare. How much are they likely to take from him? Should he send any reply?  the letter just says to take the court letter with him. 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well have typed up and printed out my SAR's and am just writing out the envelopes. Will go in by the post office tomorrow, get the postal orders and get them sent recorded delivery. Just the one CITI card acct but I know I have had charges on it so should be claiming something back.

Am also sending SAR's to BOS, Halifax and Capital one tomorrow and have lots more to send out next time I get the chance, will have to check my finances though for all these £10 charges cos along with the postage they all add up!

Oh yeah, is it a good idea to get your credit report just now or wait till I get my money in from all the companies and then check the report?

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Guest ian cognito

For £2 I think it's worth checking your report anyway, some nasty surprises on mine that I intend sorting at the same time as sorting my charges.

There are some excellent threads on here regaring the CRA's and what they can and can't do, certainly taught me a thing or two.

Check out http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/20118-default-hell.html

And good luck with it all!!

• 2 weeks later...

Have signed up for the free trial with Experian so will have a look at my credit file over the weekend. Received a letter from CITI acknowledging receipt and asking me to fill in a form and send them proof of my identity. It came last weekend but didnt get round to picking it up till Wednesday and have only sent it back today but at least the ball is rolling on this...

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

Good luck, I'm at the Money claim stage, they will drag their heels, and you will get the usual we don't agree with the OFT Statment, we are not in breach of the law, etc..

But stick with it.

My Cases

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/14777-rbphot-lloyds-tsb.html?highlight=rbphot

My useful posts

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/26095-bank-credit-charges-eec.html?highlight=rbphot

;) The Masses Will Always Prevail

Rbphot

Lloyds TSB, (£2.5k) Data Protection Act-150606, Prelim letter-050706, 2nd LBA-140706, Money Claim submitted 010806(6QZ51069), Claim Agknowledged 040806:D , AQ submited today-070906

Lloyds TSB Amex, (£60) Data Protection Act-150606, 1st LBA-110706, 2nd LBA - 040806, SETTLED 50% of amount.:D

Citi Cards, (£995) Data Protection Act-110706, Prelim letter-210806, LBA - 040906

Finally went down to post office today to pick up a special delivery and it was my statements. Not had a chance to read through them properly but noticed they have sent me 2 pages listing communications with myself re missed payments, cards reissued\expired - Did anyone else receive similar? Is this what they class as a record of manual intervention? It only dates back 2 years.

have downloaded Vampiress's spreadsheets - Scotland credit Cards Advanced, Compund and not compound interest - want to see what the difference is. Started filling them in - couple of queries and sorry if they have been asked before:

1 Do I change the interest rate to the one Associates\Citi charge? If so, do I just take the one they have been charging recently (The copies of the Associates and early Citi ones dont have rate listed).

2 On some statements I have 2 charges - I listed them separate but just showed interest charged and balance\payment made following month on second charge but I think this then calculates incorrectly. Whats the best way of doing this - lump them together or list them seperately and then divide interest?

Is anyone going for compound interest again Citi?

Also, wondered with the current turn of events if its possible to have a subfolder for Citi along with the likes of Egg and Capital one etc?

A couple of good points there...

1 Do I change the interest rate to the one Associates\Citi charge? If so, do I just take the one they have been charging recently (The copies of the Associates and early Citi ones dont have rate listed).
If you are using the contractual interest spreadsheet, the contractual interest is still being tested. Some have won their claim, but I'm not aware of any claims that have finished yet where an N1 form has been submitted. There are a few different wordings being used for the contractual interest scenario. Contractual interest is claimable from the first letter to your bank, not just when raising your claim like the statutory interest. I would use today's current rate.

2 On some statements I have 2 charges - I listed them separate but just showed interest charged and balance\payment made following month on second charge but I think this then calculates incorrectly. Whats the best way of doing this - lump them together or list them seperately and then divide interest?
Add the monthly charges together if there is more than one on a statement for that month. One line per month.

Hope this helps.

[

• 2 weeks later...

Delay with husband being home but have managed to send off my prelim with spreadsheet. Have asked for £375 charges plus I have asked for compounded interest. Went for 8% as didnt have chance before I printed off spreadsheet to check interest rates on statements throughout acct history but

Husband at home at moment so not much chance for working on stuff. Just sent prelim and spreadsheet recorded delivery today. Claiming for charges + compounded interest Just left it at 8% as couldnt get into room where I keep paperwork when was printing stuff off so couldnt check interest rate charged throught acct history. Works put around £500 with interest.

Also keep in mind that Citi are reading any threads relating to claims against them on this site.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

Also keep in mind that Citi are reading any threads relating to claims against them on this site.

Yep, they are definately watching and reading this website, prepare yourself for a letter telling you to sod off because they recently won a court case, this is not strictly correct, there facts are wrong! The thread involved with the case they claim to have won is http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/other-institutions/9085-citi-cards-request-repayment-new-post.html. They even have the cheek to name the person involved. Don't worry if they do send this letter with the intention of frightening you off, just send your LBA as normal. The people associated with the thread are really helpful and will give you lots of advice and encouragement. They have some nasty suprises up their sleeves too!

00020079.gifCiticards V's the little people00020059.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Yep got the standard 'we won a court case so you aint getting any money' letter so just got to wait for my 14 days for sending off the LBA. Will amend to show contractual interest as this is what they have charged me and is therefore only fair Brian.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed I should have sent my LBA off - will see if I can get a chance to print it and send today or tomorrow. Just depends on these storms and rain as I dont want to take the little ones out in this weather...