a bit of advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

recently got a new laptop. tried to download office 2003 but it wouldnt let me activate it as the licence quota had been used. ok fair enough

searched around for an alternative & came across software4students....offering office 2010 for less than £40!! I would qualify as my daughter is still at school. Has anyone used them? Is it safe to buy this way?

Also what about open office? do you have to be online to use this? Its free but would you recommend it over ms office? And can it open words docs?

any thoughts appreciated

use open office - it will work with ms docs etc etc

no you dont have to be onilne either its free!

and as versions of ms stuff since 2007 can open/use open office stuff should be ok on school/college pc's too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When I got my PC, my wife was at full time uni, so I went to microsft's website and they had a student link to http://students.pugh.co.uk/ to purchase the software (which is where I purchased my Windows 7 from and got a great deal!) and 2 or 3 other official online outlets for students.

I would say before you make your purchase, try Open office as it's free :)http://www.openoffice.org/

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar