EPDL Threatening doorstep collection?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I am just in a DMP at present and had EPDL emailing me to see why I havent paid my contractual payment. I emailed them back and gave contact info from my DPM people and staright away they emailed me with the following:

"As a first loan your account will be sent for immediate doorstep

collection!!"

I have deffered the payments in the past 3 times each time paying quite a hefty 97.00 per month

I just thought they might have been a littl more understanding???

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Zelig

Hi I am just in a DMP at present and had EPDL emailing me to see why I havent paid my contractual payment. I emailed them back and gave contact info from my DPM people and staright away they emailed me with the following:

"As a first loan your account will be sent for immediate doorstep

collection!!"

I have deffered the payments in the past 3 times each time paying quite a hefty 97.00 per month

I just thought they might have been a littl more understanding???

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Zelig

Can anyone help??? :|

If they send anyone to your door tell them to bog off and give them a copy of the following

Hi all this is a copy of a copy etc for dont come to my door.

Dear Sirs,

Please be advised that I am only prepared to communicate with you in writing. OFT rules and regulations clearly state that you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you. There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.).

Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives, to visit me at my property and if you persist in sending “doorstep callers” to my home, you will be reported for harassment and be liable for damages for a tort of trespass. You would also be liable for conspiring in a tort of trespass by acting in defiance of my instructions and sending someone to visit me nevertheless.

Should it be necessary, I will obtain an injunction.

Yours sincerely,

all the best dpick

Send their email to the OFT and Trading Standards, they are supposed to liaise with third parties and not demand full repayment when you are in difficulties.

PDL companies sail close to the wind and like to intimidate people. Keep everything in email and let the DMP company know (I hope you are NOT paying for this service....)