Jump to content

Currys Phantom Repairs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3791 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hiya folks, I am having a total nightmare with Currys/The Tech Guys.


I bought a Samsung Plasma online and had it delivered on 16th January 2010, shortly after that I noticed a fault when the TV was displaying 50hz signals it would flicker badly (only in certain scenarios - mainly in darker scenes). Looking online at Avforums.com I noticed that lots of people who had bought this tv had the same fault and Samsung had admitted couldn't be fixed (most folks were getting a refund/exchange at their retailers). So I thought I would contact Currys and they would replace/refund the TV without too much hassle ... well how wrong was I!!


They first took the TV away for repair in April and replaced a mainboard and psu - but that didn't fix it, so they took it away again another 3 times - but surprise, surprise it still had the same fault. Currys then put me on to Samsung and they sent an engineer out - firstly he updated the firmware (no change) and then on the second call out he changed the mainboard again (still no joy). He concluded that it couldn't be fixed and Samsung as much as admitted this when they told me that it was because it was a lower range model (£600) it didn't have the relevant motion compensation, but directed me back to Currys as they would deal with the warranty/refund.


So back to Currys for repairs 5 and 6 - I included the Samsung Engineers report which they mysteriously lost so got another two copies and sent the report out to their Customer Service Department detailing the fault and after 11 days it seems I will just have to wait until the correspondence team get back to me.:-x


So after 9 months and the TV being taken away 6 times by Currys I am no further forward and feel terrible the way Currys have treated me - I have displayed the fault to the Tech Guys and sent dvd's with notes on how to reproduce the fault - but each time it keeps coming back to me claiming to be fixed when nothing has been done.


If Currys do not admit the fault this time and give me a full refund I am going to contact the CEO via email but any advice in the meantime whilst I wait for them to get back to me??


Sorry for the rant folks, but I don't think I have ever been treated so badly in my life.


Link to post
Share on other sites



Have you been into your local currys store?


They should be able to organise an exchange. As a company we have 28 days to fix your product if we can't we can offer you an exchange.


It seems this has went on far to long. Since the 1st repair was within the 1st year and has been the same fault since the exchange shouldn't be an issue.



The Tech Guys

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chris, thanks for the reply!!


Unfortunately that seems to be the major problem - I bought the TV online if it had been done instore I would have got the refund a long time ago.


So basically it seems to be up to The Tech Guys to test it and find the fault which they seem unable to be able to do - despite them admitting it must be faulty or they wouldn't have attempted to replace the mainboard and psu originally.


6 attempts at it and 9 months is not acceptable in any business though I think you would agree ...:mad2:

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should send then a recorded delivery letter stating that the law requires that any repair must be carried out within a reasonable time, usually 28 days.

You have had this tv for 10 months and that is far in excess of reasonable.

I now give you notice that you have 14 days in which to make a satisfactory repair or to replace and return it to me or to refund the complete purchase price including postage cost.

Failure to keep to this timescale will result in legal action being taken by me without further notice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...