• Tweets

• Ok this is weird. I have had an email from icl to make a claim on any loans that I have taken out due to irresponsible lending and yet the7 have sold it on. What should I do?
    • Thanks for the welcome Andyorch   dx100uk - I have had 2 previous addresses since coming back to the UK.   Does this mean I should not ignore?   
    • I would be inclined to rip their WS apart. That way, I doubt that VCS would wish to proceed to Court.  In paragraph 5 VCS claim they have full compliance with their Code of Practice for Private Enforcement and Private Land. Really? Can this be the same VCS that was issuing PCNs between 2013 and 2017 knowing that the signage there had not been agreed by Liverpool council and therefore the signage was illegal. Here is an open letter from the Parking Prank   Tuesday, 19 November 2013 An open letter to Simon Renshaw Smith of VCS parking regarding Liverpool John Lennon Airport   19/11/2013 Dear Mr Renshaw Smith,   I wish to draw your attention to the procedural impropriety in your operational activities on the approach roads within Liverpool John Lennon Airport.   You are actively operating under contract to issue civil penalty tickets (PCN’s) for traffic offences on the roads such as stopping at the roadside, whether for seconds, minutes or even longer, or for parking on the roadside verges.   You are doing so based on an allegation of contractual agreement for a breach of parking conditions and are actively sending out a notice to keeper in each case where you ask for the name and address of the driver. You are doing this under the provisions of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012.   As you are no doubt aware, due to your many years of experience in emptying people’s wallets, where land is governed by byelaws the remedy for any breach of conditions of those byelaws is through the criminal courts, such as a magistrates.   Not only that, since the byelaws set an amount of penalty for failure to comply with them; a further amount based on your own assessment is unlawful at best and perhaps even fraudulent.   A set of the byelaws for the Liverpool Airport have now been obtained from a reliable source, Liverpool City Council,  which sets out the airport’s stance on roadway use, or misuse. It also lays down a penalty upon summary conviction for a breach of the byelaws of £5 for the 1st offence and a further amount of 40 shillings for a continued daily breach.   I put it to you that these byelaws govern the airport’s penalty regime for the alleged contraventions you are enforcing. In fact there is no penalty for stopping at the roadside. There is no offence committed so there can be no penalty unless it can be proven in a magistrate’s court that this action amounted to a failure under para 14: “Driving or placing a vehicle carelessly or dangerously or without due consideration for persons using the airport”   Para 18 gives notice that a “failure by the driver of a vehicle to comply with any direction for the regulation of traffic given by a constable or any person acting on behalf of the council or a traffic sign” will be subject to the penalty regime of the aforementioned £5 plus 40 shillings per day afterwards.   The mention of the traffic signs and the council's part in the overall monitoring means that the signs must be compliant to the TSRGD which are those shown for the public highways; not the ones arbitrarily stuck at the roadside by yourself which are meaningless in the context of the legal status of the byelaws.   Furthermore, POFA 2012 3(1)(c) states that Schedule 4 only applies on land on which the parking of a vehicle is not subject to a statutory control. It further states (3)For the purposes of sub-paragraph (1)(c) the parking of a vehicle on land is “subject to statutory control” if any statutory provision imposes a liability (whether criminal or civil, and whether in the form of a fee or charge or a penalty of any kind) in respect of the parking on that land of vehicles generally or of vehicles of a description that includes the vehicle in question.   The byelaws state at para 2.19 that the following act is prohibited. The penalty for this is a fine not exceeding five pounds.   POFA 2012 therefore does not apply, and you may therefore only pursue the driver and not the registered keeper. Moreover, you may only pursue them for the sum of five pounds.   Knowingly pursuing the registered keeper when POFA 2012 is an offence which the DVLA take extremely seriously and may ban you from access. The BPA wrote to you in their electronic newsletter this month reiterating this.   I put it to you, Mr Renshaw Smith, that your company is operating unlawfully at the Liverpool Airport site and ask what you intend to do since this has now been brought to your notice.   May I remind you that since this is an unlawful operation, you may well be required at some later time to recompense the amounts of the PCN’s already paid by drivers, and perhaps face tough questions in a court of law, not just a civil court.           Happy Stopping Briefly At the Roadside   The Parking Prankster   The Prankster would like to thank his source for the above   I am sure that you will find other examples of VCS not complying with Code of Conduct or the Law.   And of course VCS do not have the ability to take you to Court because you were a trespasser and only the land owner can take a trespasser to Court.          
    • Yes ...you have it confirmed by the court above that they requested a copy of the Order/Consent on the 2/08/2019....and then requested judgment on 21/08/2019 .
    • blimey J&P   I wonder how many more solicitor firms UAE creditors will try and use as a cheaper alternative to IRDWW and their cohorts that appear to have cost them £1000's in fees for nothing in return.   if this is not a letter of claim  pers i'd ignore them unless you have previous UK addresses since coming to the UK?
  • Our picks

iceboy

Safeloans sent CCJ Letter

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3178 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys;

Last week, i received a Claim Form from Northampton County Court. Issue date is 5 Jan!!

So because 14 days already passed, i logged in and filled out the Acknowledgment of Service from to extend it for another 14 days.

However, i dont know what i need to do now! In October, i sent them an email making an offer of payment and i had not received no reply from them!

Im not running away, i want to pay the debt. But i need to pay it in instalments and avoid getting CCJ.

Can anyone please please suggest me what to do!

Many Thanks...

Can anyone please help me on this matter? What do i need to do next? They didnt get back to me for the offer i made 3 months ago and now Claim Form arrived!

If i call them straight away and make an offer on phone, is there a chance they will accept it and cancel the claim?

Or if that doesnt work, what should i do?

Any help will be appreciated.

Many Thanks...

can you give us some details of what type of debt when it was taken etc- have you made a s77/79 request for a copy of the agreement?

Thank you for your respond didy. I am sorry i have fallen ill and couldnt get back to you. And now i have even lesser time to take some action!

I am desperate for help.

Particulars of claim on the claim for is as below:

The claimane agreed to lend to the Defendant under a fixed loan agreement dated 21 August 2009 the sum of £150. The defendant agreed to repay the loan off in full or an agreed date to extend the loan paing a further service charge. On 13.09.2009 the defendant failed to repay the Claimant's loan or extend and the Defendant is in default as set out in the terms of agreement. The claimant is also entitled to interest at the rate stated in the terms of the agteement and is payable on the amount outstanding if payment is not made on the repayment scheduled date. The Defendant has failed to make payment back to the claimant in accordance with the terms of the loan agreement. And the claimant claime:.. 1. The amount of £150 loan amoun... 2. Loan charges and interest of £104.88... 3. The Claimant total claim is £254.88.. 4. Costs... Date: 04 January 2011

Any help will be much appreciated. Many Thanks...

what did you offer/what are you offering in payments?

can you not borrow the £250 from someone?

it is a small amount to get a ccj for- if you are otherwise clean

• Confused 1

Diddy, thank you very much for your time and effort, i really appreciate it.

Well i can offer £100 now, £100 next month and £50 in April but they havent even returned to my email which i was asking if they could accept an offer.

If i accept the debt and offer a payment, do i still get CCJ registered? I just dont want to get it. I am a student and £250 is a big amount for me and i cant really borrow from anyone as i know it will be very hard to pay them back.

What should i do?

Diddy, thank you very much for your time and effort, i really appreciate it.

Well i can offer £100 now, £100 next month and £50 in April but they havent even returned to my email which i was asking if they could accept an offer.

If i accept the debt and offer a payment, do i still get CCJ registered? I just dont want to get it. I am a student and £250 is a big amount for me and i cant really borrow from anyone as i know it will be very hard to pay them back.

What should i do?

If they get a CCJ against you then you would have to pay it within 28 days in full for it not to appear on your file. Surely you could find some employ that would pay £250 in 4 weeks to clear it?

Other than that you could always submit an embarassed defence and demand to see the agreement.... by time it got to any hearing it would be after April anyway so you could pay them (allegedly) in full anyway, before the hearing.

I can't see anymore costs being awarded on a £250 (small) claim, although your agreement with them might let them charge you more late/arrears fees. They'd would probably have to take you to court again to get them though.

Time would be better spend making some money though LOL!

Edited by Ruprecht
added a before

Diddy, I didnt make an actual offer back in October. I was just asking them if they could accept an offer. I asked them that i could clear the balance in instalments within few months but no response!

Ruprecht,thank you for your respond. It sounds allright to me , if i have to pay the balance within 28 days and receive no ccj. However, is there anything i need to do now? Do i have to send in the defence form? Do i need to defend myself?

And lets say i have not defended myself and court ordered me to pay the balance in full (within 28 days to avoid ccj registration), how long that would take in total together with the 28 days period?

Is there anything i should be doing right now?

Many thanks for your responses...

Diddy, I didnt make an actual offer back in October. I was just asking them if they could accept an offer. I asked them that i could clear the balance in instalments within few months but no response!

Ruprecht,thank you for your respond. It sounds allright to me , if i have to pay the balance within 28 days and receive no ccj. However, is there anything i need to do now? Do i have to send in the defence form? Do i need to defend myself?

And lets say i have not defended myself and court ordered me to pay the balance in full (within 28 days to avoid ccj registration), how long that would take in total together with the 28 days period?

If you do nothing they will almost certainly apply for a "default judgment".

You get 1 month then to pay it when the judgment is issued which is usually within a day or so if they ask for default judgment on moneyclaim.

You then need to get a receipt from the person you paid confirming it was paid within the month and send it with a completed form to the court, with a fee.

This is the leaflet about it:

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/ex320_0406.pdf

If you admit to it you might get the judgment made earlier, so if you are happy to pay it in 28 days you might be best doing nothing.

Make sure you allow time for it to be cleared funds too just in case i.e. cheque clearance.

dear sirs,

I am a student, my income is limited and without any admission of liability i am anxious not to have a ccj recorded against me, therefore i am prepared to make the following offer in order to settle the matter out of court with the help of a relative

i can pay £xxxx on £xxxx on and £xxxx on with the funds being provided by a third party

if the matter were t proceed through to a ccj then it is likely that what i could offer from my own pocket would be token payments

I am prepared to enter into a tomlin order if necessary

y F

(you must be sure that you CAN make the payments as stated otherwise they can go straight back to court for a judgement if you fail to comply)