Black Horse HP Agreement signed but now they claim there is a mistake

Tolox
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Yesterday I signed a Hire Purchase Agreement for a car with Black Horse, through a car dealership.

The agreed monthly payment is £190/month, in 48months.

I got a phone call today from the car dealers saying that there had been a mistake by Black Horse and that I have to go back to them to sign a new agreement with a monthly payment of £211/month.

My question: is the agreement I've signed legally binding or can they now make me change the conditions?

I'm sure that if I had made a mistake they wouldn't change the agreement for me once signed, at least not without a cost, so do I have to go back and resign something that is already agreed only to end worse-off?

Thanks for your help

Guest repo threat

HP Agreements signed on trade premises are not normally cancellable once commenced. I guess in your case, this works both ways. If you have collected the goods, then the the agreement that you have signed will just have to stand and that is their loss.

If on the other hand, you have not collected the goods, and they merely obtained your signature to a prospective agreement and now the dealer has come back because the finance company wants to charge a higher rate following the submission of a finance proposal which has not yet concluded, then you and they are at liberty discontinue the original agreement and walk away and not conclude matters.

I did collect the goods (I drove the car home) and I far as I knew everything was done and dusted, I signed both the purchase order and the finance documents, so maybe they can't change the agreement after all.

thanks for your answer