car repo advice

Cartoon Head
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a court date in just over 3 weeks, any one advise if there is anything i can do to keep the car?

its with duncton any one any dealings, how good are they at agreeing to repayment plan/bigger monthly payments to clear arrears?

i am 4months behind now, termination notice served, duncton guy said it could be sorted but need to go to court first, i suspect hes bulling me tough.

anyoneg advise???

I have a court date in just over 3 weeks, any one advise if there is anything i can do to keep the car?

its with duncton any one any dealings, how good are they at agreeing to repayment plan
link3.gif
/bigger monthly payments to clear arrears?

i am 4months behind now, termination notice served, duncton guy said it could be sorted but need to go to court first, i suspect hes bulling me tough.

anyone advise???

Duncton are sub prime lenders in the vehicle finance, so probably charge over the top interest rates

I don't see the purpose of court action so soon if you have offered to make an arrangement to pay of the arrears.

What are the POC of the court papers?

When was the finance taken out and roughly how much have you repaid before defaulting

Did they issue a default notice before terminating?

How much of the loan have you paid? i.e. how many months of the agreement?

You can ask the court to let you keep the car if you are able to make the monthly payments plus something towards the arrears each month. Are you able to do that.

Have you sent back the defence papers to the court yet?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

not sent any defense buried my head in the sand to be honest.

Paid about 4 grand, 14 months paymnets out of 48. plus 2 grand deposit.

default notices first, then termination after 2 months arrears passed.

been trouhg marriage breakup/lost kids etc, thats why id just ignored it.

can now carry on wit payments, higer payments if needed about a grand behind.

OK, you need to make an offer to the court - normal monthly payments + something towards the arrears. I have affixed a budget sheet for you to complete so you can work out how much you can afford (it calculates automatically as you fill it in so you can adjust the figures to get them right). I can help you with a defence statement to ask the court to accept your payment proposal.

What is the form you have received from the court? Is there an N11 Defence Form ?(The number will be on it)

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Magistrates court ? are you sure? I would have thought it should be County court

If you don't have the paperwork you need to call in at the court on Monday and find out when exactly the hearing is and get a defence form from them (and a copy of the paperwork).

OK, you need to make an offer to the court - normal monthly payments + something towards the arrears. I have affixed a budget sheet for you to complete so you can work out how much you can afford (it calculates automatically as you fill it in so you can adjust the figures to get them right). I can help you with a defence statement to ask the court to accept your payment proposal.

What is the form you have received from the court? Is there an N11 Defence Form ?(The number will be on it)

i found it!

all i got was notice of hearing, claim form and some notes with sheet at the back, admission form with budget sheet?????

No defense form.

Hi, is there a number on the Admission Form ? may start with a N

OK I can write you a statement to go with part B of the form stating why you can't pay the balance all in one go. You need to let me know how much you can afford to pay extra each month.

Have you done the budget sheet I posted earlier? this will help you when filling in the rest of the form.

What date is the hearing?

Hi there, affixed is the statement to go with the Admission form - you will need to fill in the info where there are XXX's at the top (remove the XXX;s) the info will be on the court forms. At Part B of the form you should tick the box "I cannot pay the amount immediately) and then write in the box "Please see affixed statement". Then put in the amount in the box below (i.e. the total of the normal monthly payment plus £20) and then the date you can start making those payments.

When you fill in the budget part of the form, make sure that the £20 you are offering to pay towards the arrears is the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for. Fill it in in pencil first so you can correct the figures if they don't add up right. i.e. add up the totals of sections 7, 8,9 and 10 and then deduct that amount from the total of section 6 - the difference should be the £20.

Are you Ok with that?

Cartoonhead statement.doc