Any ladies out there use Premique Cycle?....

jackieandwayne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Heads up ladies, I've been to the GP this morning to get my repeat prescription for this HRT. This brilliant reasonably safe form of HRT that knocks hot flushes dead at 10 paces. Been on it 6 years happy as Larry. Now it has been discontinued and there is nothing even remotely like it, except Femeston, which I found did nothing for me.

I saw the new GP today. all of 12 years old, but very sweet and willing. Oh he says, its been discontinued, I don't know much about HRT yet, what do you think? Oh glory be.

So, be warned - especially husbands and partners who might come home to encounter a raging bull in the kitchen!

Sorry to hear that you are loosing your lifeline of medication.

The only reason I can find for discontinuing this medication is,

From the NeLM site. (National electronic Library for Medicines)

With immediate effect, Premique Cycle® 0.625mg/10 mgs 3x28 coated tablets have been discontinued by Pfizer in the UK and will no longer be available. The decision to permanently discontinue these products in the UK has been taken for commercial reasons.

There should be another HRT you can try......................lets hope that you get relief from the misery that is the menopause.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

Hi Jackiewayne, i was on HRT for many years i was a guinea pig for it back in the 80,s then it was a small ballbearing put into your skin on your leg had to have this done every 6 monthes but it worked then they bought the patch out thank god i have lots of scars on my legs now but it was worth it, anyway i now use a cream as i have very bad hot flushes where my face and neck go red and i sweat like mad worse at night so i searched the web and found this its called SERENITY from http://www.wellsprings-health.com its £20 a jar but lasts a very long time i dont mind the price because it works for me hope this helps you

Well thank you both - I might have known it would be to do with money somewhere down the line. I am going to give the Femeston another try, as it was 6 years ago I found it useless, and I suppose we change as we change, if you know what I mean. I'm also very interested in your post glitterlady, I thought I'd tried all the alternatives, but I hadn't come across that one!

It makes me cross because the chemist at Asda has it on the shelf but the GP is not allowed to prescribe it.

I too recommend Serenity, you can use it in several ways, it is also very good for insomnia... I get hormonal insomnia due to early memonpause and it is excellent for that. One pot lasts for about 3 months.

You can also apply it in a certain area to counteract dryness but be prepared for the interesting consequences!

You could try Depo Provera, that worked for my mood swings (and I am NOT a moody person as a rule). Its an injection every three months and you can have it up to you are 50.

I used to work in an genito-uriniary clinic and got to know a lot about the alternative therapies available due to some patients insistence on 'products not tested on animals' and 'no chemicals go into my body (still can't resist telling the odd one or two that their body is a chemical reactor anyway!)

• 2 weeks later...

That's it Serenity here I come! Femoston did not work, lathered in sweat night and day, outdoors in sleeveless tops and summer pedal pushers walking the dog - too hot! I'll have another go at the doctor tomorrow, but I'm ordering this stuff right now! I warned that young Gp I'd be back and angry if I got hot!

ive got it worked out now i use it when i have my first sweat then for about 2 days and hey presto no sweats for ages, i just put a very small amount on my arm wait till it soaks in till i put a coat or jumper on, its brilliant for me and i sometimes put a small amount on my arm at bedtime so it stops the sweats in the night wish i had used this much earlier and it does last for a very long time im still on my first pot and i ve had it for a long time so it might look expensive to start but how many times a year are you going to buy it? and the sweats stop so to me is worth £100 to stop them