please help - don't know which way to turn

nickt1976

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this is a very long story will provide more if needed, the problem is an accusation of theft [totally untrue], pictures being posted on the police website [ asking anyone to identify them] and the local paper putting the pictures on the front page [for identification], without the police even viewing the tape as the store won't release them [the tape] now 2 months later. this is complicated and getting more day by day any help much appreciated and more info if you can help

Have you been arrested?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

no not been arrested at all or cautioned nothing.I'll try and get as much info in a short space. was allerted by txt and phone that my mum 65yr old and I were in the local paper, front page along with others with the headline WANTED. After work went into Police station Police knew nothing about it. We contacted the store they said the police put it on there website it had nothing to do with them,we contacted police who said an accusation had been made by the store [makes sense]. the police said they would view tape [should they have done this before it went on the website] and get back to us. They got back approx 4 days later with the store said it's partly there fault, teller got distracted, partly ours we left without paying,if we pay the £36 they'd forget everything. We would not have left without paying NEVER we went to the fag/lottery counter after shopping, 4 days later we went shopping in the same store and a few days after that.The alleged incident happened on 23/12/2010 it was in the paper on 30/12/2010. Mum rang police everyday they eventually rang back about 6 days later saying they had viewed the tape and that it looked as though this had happened mum was really upset and I was too, police said let me have another look [you either have or haven't seen something] now today mum rang police, as she has everyday and they have said on the file it says that they haven't viewed the tape as the store has not been forthcoming with the tape. If you can help with advise or make anything of this please do Thank you

So basically, you've been accused by the store of shoplifting/not paying, in the meantime the store have provided footage to the police who have put your and your mums pictures on their website and the pictures have also appeared in the local papers. Thats outragerous. Is this what you are saying?

you've been accused by the store of shoplifting/not paying- [YES] in the meantime the store have provided footage to the police-[NO JUST THE IMAGES WE HAVE LEARNED TODAY AS THE POLICE HAVE NOT VIEWED THE CCTV FOOTAGE] who have put your and your mums pictures on their website[YES] and the pictures have also appeared in the local papers [YES THEY GOT THEM OFF THE POLICE WEBSITE AND PUT THEM IN THE PAPER] hope this helps.

I can see quite a few issues here, I've not known of any situations where suspected theft/non payment has resulted in the publicity of the people concerned.

You should complain to the police,retailer and newspaper all in writing. Send them Recorded.

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/yourrights/privacy/privacy-and-the-media.html

• 2 months later...

an update to this story

From the last time I posted 28th January a lot has happend.

The police had said they'd viewed the tape then hadn't and so on, I sent a SAR off to the Police from their website and the 40 days were up on the 19th March, nothing back only a letter saying we couldn't view the tape as it was still under investigation.

With all the pressure my sister lost her baby at 29 weeks after a visit from the Police, but thats another story.

The Police came today with the tape which my mother viewed, it showed absolutely nothing, the Police have dropped the case and it's nothing to do with them and it's official, no crime was committed.

I am now ready to sue the supermarket and anyone else.

Can anyone please give me any advise please

thank you

nick