Wedding Dress dilemma

tracyd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My niece ordered a wedding gown for her wedding in august this year and paid the shop £500 as a deposit, she still had money to put towards it before the shop ordered the gown. My niece then found out she was pregnant and asked for a refund. The shop refused which i suppose is fair enought but the gown hadnt been ordered as yet. The proprieter sent my niece a letter telling her she could spend the money in the shop within 12 months....

The wedding has now been fetched forward to April, so off she went to the shop to see if she could get bridesmaids dresses with the £500. The shop owner denied sendiing the letter ( we have the letter) and said she could not sell her anything and there wasnt enough time to order anything in time for the wedding.....the owner is very rude and the shop has shocking reviews about customer service...Now £500 may not be a lot of money to some but to a 20 year old couple it took some saving and they are now having to pay for things twice as the shop owner is damn right horrid, unhelpful and rude.....someone who did a poor review of the shop got a phone call while on honeymoon to say she was taking legal action.

Can the shop keeper tell my niece what she can and cant buy???.she has £500 of her money

....I am going with her to the shop tomorrow to see what we can do......Please can anyone advise if we could do anything or is it a lost cause.

Thank you