Debt help...where do I start...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Looking for a bit of guidance, have been looking around the site but there is so much info I am confused where to really start to be honest.

I have unsecured debts of around £18,000 (loan+credit card with TSB+ £2,800 3rd part credit card) and was paying £170 per month through CCCS until 3 months ago, I was on their DMP (now cancelled as I have no income) for roughly 3 years but stopped paying as I gave up working to be a stay at home dad. The reason I stopped paying as my ex wife was supposed to be buying me out of our house in December last year but has changed her mind left right and centre and has now decided she wants to sell so my plan to offer f+f settlement in December went out the window.

I will have more than enough equity when I sell my house to clear the debt but don't know what to do in the mean time or how long the house will take to sell.

I can offer a token payment as am financially supported by my partner who has a good income but am not going to burden her with my debts and have buried my head in the sand for long enough....so am really hoping you guys can coach me in the right directions etc

cheers

James

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)