Shanidev v Verde/MBNA-Prelim hearing help wanted.

Shanidev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Vardi are able to have court access, as within E.U. - I am sure this was pointed out on here before, sure others will comment for you, good luck.!! as Andy points out in post above - remove the said paras i.e. item 13.?

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They may be using a UK Solicitor but has the Claimant got a valid UK Credit License to enable collection? Hence the jurisdiction doubt ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Varde no longer have a UK credit licences it's lapsed

Licence Number:0577595Licence Status:Lapsed on 13/11/2010

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business Name Company Registration Number

Varde Investments (Ireland) Limited 401930

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 13-Nov-2005

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated outside UK)

Authorised To Receive Documents:

Name

Jason Spaeth

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

Name Position

Bernard Brady OFFICER

Jason Spaeth OFFICER

Werner Schwanberg OFFICER

Current Organisations that run the organisation:

Name Company Registration Number Position

Deutsche International Corporate Services (Ireland) Limited OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Investment/Financial Advisers

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Accept Notices/Documents Varde Partners Europe Limited, 4th Floor 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Principal Place Of Business 77

Registered Office 77, Sir John Rd, Dublin, Ireland

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 4th Floor, 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Correspondence Varde Partners Europe Limited, 4th Floor 14 Waterloo Road, London, SW1Y 4AR

Principal Place Of Business 4th Floor, 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Principal Place Of Business 5, Harbourmaster Place, Dublin 1, ., Ireland

Principal Place Of Business Varde Partners Europe Limited, 4th Floor 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Registered Office 4th Floor, 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Registered Office 5, Harbourmaster Place, Dublin 1, Ireland

Shame That.

PM

Varde no longer have a UK credit licences it's lapsed

Licence Number:0577595Licence Status:Lapsed on 13/11/2010

Varde Investments (Ireland) Limited 401930

Categories:

Consumer credit

Consumer hire

Credit brokerage

Credit reference agency

Debt adjusting/counselling

Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Issued Date: 13-Nov-2005

Legal Formation:

Authorised To Receive Documents:

Name

Jason Spaeth

Name Position

Bernard Brady OFFICER

Jason Spaeth OFFICER

Werner Schwanberg OFFICER

Deutsche International Corporate Services (Ireland) Limited OFFICER

Nature of Business:

Investment/Financial Advisers

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Accept Notices/Documents Varde Partners Europe Limited, 4th Floor 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Principal Place Of Business 77

Registered Office 77, Sir John Rd, Dublin, Ireland

Historic Address(es):

Address Type Address

Correspondence 4th Floor, 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Correspondence Varde Partners Europe Limited, 4th Floor 14 Waterloo Road, London, SW1Y 4AR

Principal Place Of Business 4th Floor, 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Principal Place Of Business 5, Harbourmaster Place, Dublin 1, ., Ireland

Principal Place Of Business Varde Partners Europe Limited, 4th Floor 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Registered Office 4th Floor, 14 Waterloo Place, London, SW1Y 4AR

Registered Office 5, Harbourmaster Place, Dublin 1, Ireland

Shame That.

PM

Oh!!!!!!!ah?

yet there are cases on the web at court???

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Odd they still have one

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0643780Licence Status:Current

Varde Investments (ireland) Ltd 401930

Categories:

Consumer credit

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 22-Jun-2011 Date Maintenance Payment Due: 21-Jun-2016

Legal Formation:

Name Position

Brian Brady

Christian Currivan

Krzyhsztof Drozd

Matsack Trust Limited 30090

Current Address(es):

Address Type Address

Accept Notices/Documents .

Principal Place Of Business Fitzwilliam Business Centre Suite 316, 77, Sir John Pogersons Quay, Dublin 2, ., Ireland.

Registered Office Fitzwilliam Business Centre Suite 316, 77, Sir John Progerson's Quay, Dublin 2, ., Ireland.

But only consumer credit

PM

I don't think they can the OFT licensing is very strict.

I may be grasping at straws but Varde don't issue credit cards. They have debts assigned to them. Surely by Varde going to a bunch of solicitors to enforce a debt is classed as debt collection.

They have a class A license I reckon they need a G

Category G

Debt administration

From October 2008, if you want to carry out activities (other

than debt collection) relating to consumer credit or consumer

hire agreements on behalf of another person who is the creditor, including someone to whom the agreement has been assigned

(in the case of consumer credit), or owner (in the case of consumer hire) you will need to apply for Category G.

Please note:

• You will not need this category if you are acting in your own interest, for example administering loans made by you that

have not been assigned by a third party.

• You can exercise and enforce the rights of the creditor or

owner of the consumer credit or consumer hire agreement under this category, as long as you are not doing anything

which may amount to debt collecting. This means that in

order to take steps to enforce agreements and secure

payments on behalf of another person you will need Category F, debt collecting.

Basically Varde are debt administering they bought them supposedly, they don't issue credit cards they buy debst and collect on them. Obtaining payment through CC is considered enforcement, if they get one they are committing an offence in my opinion.

There is a similar thread running to yours at the moment

I will pop a link soon I can post links.

PM

This is getting rather urgent now. I have to submit this before day-end today. Can someone please read through my defence statements in reply post #100 at url http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?291560-Shanidev-v-Verde-MBNA-Prelim-hearing-help-wanted./page5. Original files are in reply post #80.

Much appreciated.

Hi Shanidev

On point 13 just expand a tad more relating to Mr Ps post re credit license and start point 13 on " I understand or it is averred then the owness is on them to prove otherwise.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy for that suggestion. Question on point 3, should I mention the account number being different at the time to the one that claim is made on (don't remember the original, could look up). At some point MBNA changed the account number and EC used another number originally to write to me. And, I take it that it's OK to include 9, 10 and 12.

Also, do I need to submit Draft Order Directions and if so what do I need to say there?

Edited by Shanidev

[ATTACH]31625[/ATTACH] No you dont submit directions with a defence that comes at AQ.I have amended the defence slightly not the credit licence part.You will need to add that.

Andy

But, Andy I have been making £1 /month on this account

And???? Doesn't prove any admittance, you may have been harassed so much you was forced to make payment as you really couldn't remember enough of any old alleged debt.

If you are submitting today you really should be getting ready now, clock is ticking, not time to question your intentions or defence.IMHO.

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dealing with a Fast Track Application Page 4 Shanidev. Same stage same scenario.

Andy

Thanks Andy for the quick response. I am nervous as usual... lost some time due to bereavement. I spoke to financial ombudsman and they suggested making a formal complaint to MBNA. Also, I think I should request an SAR to see what had gone on. Then there is the question of varde's license (I read somewhere that it expired in 2010 and was not renewed until 6 months into 2011). Then there is CCA which is really an application form. varde never communicated anyway. Any other suggestions? Also the form that the post refers to is High Court but my case is in County Court. Do I have to fill a form and if so where can I get it from. shame the court letter does not give nay pointers. I know I going to be struggling with this.

Also the form that the post refers to is High Court but my case is in County Court. Do I have to fill a form and if so where can I get it from. shame the court letter does not give nay pointers. I know I going to be struggling with this.

You get it here : - http://www.oup.com/uk/orc/bin/978019..._n265_ch17.pdf Its for all courts, you must complete and follow the dates you have uploaded

failure to respond or follow the timetable will have severe penalties like eg. your defence being struck out.

Andy

I am lost mode.:!: What disclosure documents should I send If you have nothing to disclose (which i doubt you will have much) leave the N265 blank just sign it- party are to send each other disclosure documents along with disclosure statement.Tells you the date in your Allocation Notice date of exchange And, what defence can I put.You have already submitted your defence Any SAR templates for Credit Card Companiies??
Why would you want to DSAR?

Shani if you are struggling with this relative easy part of the process ( I have posted links to threads to explain) then you really are going to struggle when this kicks into 5th gear.I would advise you to contact the Claimant and try to negotiate a settlement offer.You may get slaughtered with costs if this proceeds to trial.

Regards

Andy