need advice with my sky tv

mwf1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys

i joined sky tv in july 2009 and still currently a customer.in june 2010 i phoned sky to cancel my tv services with them.but there offered me the sky hd pack there said i get a free sky hd box due to my old sky box was just a sky plus box.There said i will be under a 12 month contract again if i decide to keep the hd pack but i have 30 days right to cancel the package if i wasnt happy with.

so after having the sky hd pack for 9 days i decided to call sky and cancel my hd pack has i didnt think it was worth the £10 extra on top of your subscription.so sky happy canceled the sky hd pack and told me to keep my sky hd box has i kept my normal current sky subscription.

so today i decided to cancel all my sky tv services again has i dont watch it anymore and its just a waste of money has i dont watch it anymore.i phone sky to cancel and there said i cant cancel untill june 2011 has i am still under contract for the hardware. i told them that there was wrong and i wasnt told i was under a contract for keeping the sky hd box.Otherwise i would give them the box back and i would of just contiued to use my normal sky plus.

there said if i cancel now i have to give them 30 days notice and i have to pay for the rest of the subsription up to june 2011 for breaking a contract i am not aware of.

could anybody give me some advice please

IMO

Ring them again and the next 'advisor' might well be able to understand the situation and deal with it sensibly.

If they are unable to, ask to speak to their line manager and if the situation is not then resolved you'll have to write announcing your cancellation request and making a complaint.

Prob best to cancel your DD to them as well.

thanks for the advice middemess.

Did think of canceling the direct debit but there would most likely transfer it to a debt collector.

But last night i put a full complaint into sky by email.

saying....

Description:

Dear sir or madam at sky

I would like to make a complaint has a month ago i wanted to cancel my sky tv service.I belive i am not in a contract with you anymore has i joined back in 10th july 2009. Last month i wanted to cancel my sky tv and i was told i cant because i was in a contract until june 2011.Due to new hardware which is a sky hd box.which is wrong has the adviser who offered me the sky hd box back in june 2010 said to me i would only be in contract for 12 months if i decided to keep the hd pack for 12 months but i had 30 days right to cancel.so within haveing the hd pack for 9 days. i didnt like it couldnt really tell the difference so i canceled the sky hd pack which again i was not in no contract has i cancelled the hd back within my 30days of right to cancel.I also belive i cant be in a contract for a service has you are not provideing me with the hd pack. Any way from today 24th january 2011 i would like to cancel all my sky tv services has i no longer watch it and its money i am just wasteing. if this matter is not sorted and my sky tv isnt canceled within 30 days i will be contacting consumer direct also ofcom also office of fair tradeing reguarding this matter. I hope you get this matter sorted for me. many thanks from mr matthew ------

This morning i got a reply from sky saying ......

Dear Mr --------

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

I’m sorry to learn that you were unhappy with the level of service you’ve received. I assure you that we usually provide the highest level of customer service and I’m very disappointed that your recent experiences didn’t reflect this.You sky account will cancel in febuary when you called in last month they recorded the request for your cancellation so at this moment in time your veiwing will cease on the 25th feb

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

Kind regards

------------

Sky Help Centre