general form of judgement repayment timeframe

jamraz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4812 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thread moved to Legal Issues Forum.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

is there a set time for repayment following a judgement, or, if a judgement is issued with no timeframe, is this "open ended"?

The judgement order will have specified an amount you pay each month. Aslong as there is no Post Judgement Interest Clause in your agreement & not referred to in the POC, the account will be frozen. Aslong as you maintain the monthly payments, they cannot enforce the claim further ( charging order). You keep paying until it is fully paid, or at somestage you offer a Full & Final settlement. After 6 years, whether it is fully paid or not, it drops off your credit file.

Debs

Then it sounds like a forthwith - e.g. payment is due the date you get the order and is due in full.

If paid within 28 days, it is not registered on your file. If you don't pay it, the Claimant can try to enforce it by several means.

If you can't afford to pay at one time, you can apply to have the judgement varied to a monthly payment one.

Thanks,

H

is there any legislation covering the when due issue?

Possibly but I am not aware of what it is.

but think about it this way - the court have ordered that you pay. If they don't set a timescale, then it is due at the date of the order and if you refuse to pay the Claimant can enforce the judgement.

E.g. if i get a judgement in a claim tomorrow which does not set payment dates, I could enforce with a warrant straight away.

H