Apple in posession of my STOLEN I-phone 4

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay guys, just a quick summary:

My I-Phone 4 was stolen out of my lorry, it was blocked by vodapjhone, have found out that the suspect has taken my phone into Apple retail store in Regent Street and they exchanged it for a new one.

So Apple have my Stolen I-Phone which right fully belongs to me, and are not returning it to me.

I am now considering the small claims court to get this returned, or replaced.

Full Story:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2985900

(sorry if not allowed to external link)

I have come here to get assistance with the legal side of things, as i have never made a claim or anything before.

Thanks in Advance

After reading the otehr thread, it seems that Apple were made aware that the phone was stolen as Vodafone informed them of the the theft. They then knowingly handled stolen goods and committed a criminal offence as they had been made aware of the stolen article. Apple then destroyed your property although it was never theirs to destroy. I think that Apple would lose this case hands down in court. Your next step is to send a "Letter before Action" for a replacement phone plus a specified amount for compensation due to their negligence..

Well had email from Apple:

"Thank you for your voicemail. I will be contacting the Police today to inform them of who to liaise with in Apple to get a response on this issue.

Kind regards,

Margaret ******

Executive Relations EMEA

Apple Sales International"

She also telephoned to say i had email, and also told me that they will only deal with the police and not divulge any information to me.

Great Customer Service......................NOT

Well another blow now,

Police say they cant go storming in for the phone, cause of evidence on wether Apple knew when the phone was stolen, and told me that if they refuse to talk to me, or give/replace the phone then i have no choice but to take them to small claims........

Hi SmudgeonmyCredit,

After reading through your thread on MSE I can see that my colleagues in the Director Support Office have been dealing with the concerns you'd raised with us.

As things stand at the moment I'm not really able to suggest any other course of action(s) in addition to those already mentioned but I will liaise with my colleagues to make sure that all avenues of resolution have been explored here and will come back to the thread as soon as I can.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Just a Quick Update to the situation.

After recieving some information and guidance, I am about to embark on a mission, that will see me and Apple in court against each other.

I need help with the following;

I need to get all the information that Apple has on both my Account, and also any repair reports etc.

Now do i just request this in a pre-action letter, or can i ask for it before i send the pre action.

I am no longer interested in Apple just returning the phone, for all the messing about I have done i am now more than willing to let this go to court, and hopefully in the papers so the masses can see when they buy a phone, or any other Apple product, and it gets nicked then Apple will willing exchange it for a clean one, without any questions asked.

So if any one could help with the above, or point me in the right direction if they think i have missed anything out, it would be much appreciated.

There comes a time, not very often, but when it happens, you appreciate it, this was one of those weeks..............

I must today say thanks to Lee the Vodafone Rep.

After all I have been through and all the Departments, both at Vodafone and Apple, Lee has not only been in contact but has also helped to resolve many issues....( still taking Apple to court though)!!!!

I cant delve into too much, as been told not to let too much out.

But Lee has gone above and beyond the call of customer service, now i see people slating Vodafone on here, but let them have there time to sort things out, and i am sure they will do there best.

Lee many thanks for your advice, words, and also the other items, it goes a long way to show that not only does vodafone care about customers even when it isnt there issue, but that they also understand customers frustrations, and try to resolve them with the customer in mind.

Many thanks once again, and will be speaking to you again soon.

Hi SmudgeonmyCredit,

Thanks for returning to the thread to confirm that I'd been in touch with you last week.

I'm pleased that we've been able to come to arrangement with you and I look forward to hearing from you during the course of this week.

Take care.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK