Finishing DMP next month... want to buy house ... Barclaycard screwed up credit file...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3806 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Long time since I last posted - but had some great advice from peeps on here when I was struggling with reduced income and huge (to me) debts in 2007... so thanks again to this fab community!

Anyway, 3 years on from starting my DMP (with help through CCCS) and I'm about 4 weeks from having paid off all of my £20k+ debts.

In the time I've built up a successful business (hence managing to pay off so much sooner than planned), got married and generally sorted my whole life out. The main aim for this year once debts were cleared was to buy our first house together and thanks to relatives, wedding presents and now having 3 years solid business accounts financially it's feasible... mortgage approval wise it's questionable...

Really excitingly I've been watching my experian credit history building up and am now in the 'excellent' category with a 960 score...

Sadly today I took a look at Equifax and they're rating me in the 'poor' end of the scale.

The data they hold is largely the same as Experian (appreciate they will apply different ratings) - with the exception that on Equifax Barclaycard (had two card accounts with them when starting the DMP) have been marking my account as 'AP' highlighted in red for the last 3 years.

Now some of this is justified as initially their payment was slightly under the minimum payment on the account, but for the last 2 and a bit years they've been getting the minimum payment on the balance.

Are these arrangement to pay flags damaging?

I'm wondering if moaning at Barclaycard and pointing out that I have been meeting the contractual payments would encourage them to remove them?

Any tips?

Thanks,

Steve

IMO they could well be damaging. I would point out to Barclays in no uncertain terms that for two years you have been making at least the minimum payment and as such, these entries on your credit file are erroneous and need removing immediately.