fridge freezer

daz1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4841 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello i bought a fridge freezer on line from currys in april of last year.the freezer is making a terrible noise and it sounds like the fan at the back , its so annoying its untrue. i have phoned currys and they ahve said that an engineer will be round between severn and six on the night. firstly can i refuse a engineer and get a new fridge and if not secondly can i ask for a persific time as i have to go to work cheers please help:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

hello i bought a fridge freezer on line from currys in april of last year.the freezer is making a terrible noise and it sounds like the fan at the back , its so annoying its untrue. i have phoned currys and they ahve said that an engineer will be round between severn and six on the night. firstly can i refuse a engineer and get a new fridge and if not secondly can i ask for a persific time as i have to go to work cheers please help:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

Hi there Daz,

you have had the fridge for nine months and I agree that it should last alot longer than that. SOGA does not give you a right to a replacement straight away and it is the retailer's decision whether to repair, replace or refund. As for a speccific time, there is nothing stopping you asking but alot of company's wont be able to give a specific time and most i have come across won't even give a specific slot.

I've not come across a fridge with a fan, but I guess these new "frost free" ones must be fan based ;), and on googling it seems that the fans can end up with ice forming in the path of the blades, creating the buzzing. I suppose you could test this hypothesis by turning off the fridge/freezer for a few hours in the hope that the fan would thaw out - as long as the doors are kept closed, the contents should remain cold/frozen.

If you actually have a compressor based fridge, it could be the compressor rattling against something - have you checked that nothing has fallen down the back? we had a compressor based freezer in our garage and it started making a hell of a rattle. It turned out that we had mice nesting ontop of the compressor and they had (for whatever reason a mouse would have...) brought in small stones which were making the noise!

Hope this helps,

H

Hi there Daz,

you have had the fridge for nine months and I agree that it should last alot longer than that. SOGA does not give you a right to a replacement straight away and it is the retailer's decision whether to repair, replace or refund. As for a speccific time, there is nothing stopping you asking but alot of company's wont be able to give a specific time and most i have come across won't even give a specific slot.

I've not come across a fridge with a fan, but I guess these new "frost free" ones must be fan based ;), and on googling it seems that the fans can end up with ice forming in the path of the blades, creating the buzzing. I suppose you could test this hypothesis by turning off the fridge/freezer for a few hours in the hope that the fan would thaw out - as long as the doors are kept closed, the contents should remain cold/frozen.

If you actually have a compressor based fridge, it could be the compressor rattling against something - have you checked that nothing has fallen down the back? we had a compressor based freezer in our garage and it started making a hell of a rattle. It turned out that we had mice nesting ontop of the compressor and they had (for whatever reason a mouse would have...) brought in small stones which were making the noise!

Hope this helps,

H

i found the problem, there was mass ice build up at the back and the fan was hitting it, defrosted now sems ok cheers daz

i found the problem, there was mass ice build up at the back and the fan was hitting it, defrosted now sems ok cheers daz

Glad I could help - don't forget to tell the supplier if you still have a ccall open, it might help them to be able to sort out other issues in future without needing to get engineers out.

Ta,

H