Welcome Car Finance **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks to this web site and all the things i have been reading, it has given me new hope in trying to get my money back. To cut a very long story short, I got a car in Jan 2003 through Welcome finance, I know, stupid me!!. Anyway, things went from bad to worse within a week. The car lasted for about six weeks when the cam belt went and i was left stranded. After calling the number for ages for the welcome recovery - no answer. I ended up using my own insurance company who came out and picked me up within an hour.

Got on the phone to the local welcome office and they told me I had to go back to the garage, got onto the garage and they told me, you guessed it - get back to welcome. This went on for about three weeks. Got really fed up and wrote to the office asking for a solution. In the meantime, money was still going out of my account.

In 2003, we also had our child, which was one main reason we got the car. It makes me sick that as someone who does not know the inside out of cars, we were told it had a check by the RAC and passed with flying colours. But when it was checked out by someone I got in after it broke down, They gave me a whole list of major faults.

As said to cut this short, I paid over £2,200 for a car that I had use out of for six weeks. I have written untold letters between 2003/04 asking for 1, to pay back the money 2) to collect the car as it had been written off. 3) to confirm that I had not been given any defaults etc for cancelling my agreement as I was not paying for goods which where sold to me with defects. I have always asked for them to contact me in writing which they have NEVER done. Luckily, I have kept ALL of my records for this including who I talked to and when, letters and also any thing they have told me. Only wished I taped some of thier excuses, it would have made me millions in comedy!!!

I would say that there is no difference between Welcome and Yes car credit. And as I live in the area where the BBC did a programe (which shut the Yes car credit office down) I would recommend to anybody - it does not matter how hard up you are - do NOT go with any of these companies as they will sell your granny if they could.

I have searched around the site, but not sure what to do now. I am determined to get this sorted once and for all. Can I send Welcome a form like the banks one to give them a timescale to return my money before taking them to court.

Any advice would be much appriciated.

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Just got the ball rolling. Found out from local authority that you can complete a compliant form at consumerdirect.gov.uk and they see if you have a case and offer their advice.

Filled in the form so lets wait and see what happens (if anything)

Found all the letters and corrispondance today including my orginal request for data and giving them notice. (which they never replied too) I already know (from records i have) that thier records will not match mine. I have the evidence - letters, phone bills etc. THEY DON'T

God i am so glad I found this site, it has given me so much incouragement to fight these people and get back whats mine. Thanks to Dave for giving setting this site up.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

It's been a good day today!

Consumer direct got back to me this morning by phone and e-mail

Gave a little advice and gave me another contact - Finance and leasing association. Gave them a ring, gave them details of my issue and they have put a letter in post for me to sign to let them deal with my case.

Welcome will have 21 days to respond from the time they get my letter back. :-)

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

my boyfriend has a similar situation with them, we are going to court against them we also took advice from consumer direct wrote letters, phone calls and then trading standards took it up on our behalf , they ignored everything , never even responded , we are going to court but this is also a slow process and it has toaken 6 months so far and we are still waiting for a hearing date now , they do not care , and he bought his car a year and half ago, prepare yourself for the long haul, we had to get another car in the meantime but this has ruined his credit history as he is unable to get credit on anything while this is on his credit file ,even though it is marked as a dispute

Thanks for your comment curlysmum. Believe me, I don't care any more how long it takes. I'm in this for the duration. Did you go to the Finance and Leasing Association?, I was told yesterday by Consumer Direct and FSA that this body is really the only one that can take up the complaint as it is for the car. They give a 21 days notice for thier report. I'm not too sure what will happen after the 21 days are up.

My wife was pregnant when all of this was going on, but they did not care. It meant rushing out to get another car like you. We really need to stick together and get them back for all they have done to us. Keep in touch.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

HI again, no ours was a HP Agreement, so I was never advised to go to them just Consumer Direct put me through to the Local Trading Standards Officer who had quite a few previous dealing with them, its been a nightmare as I needed the car to take our daughter to school and go to work and he needed another car for his work , so its been a long year already.

• 2 weeks later...

good luck with this one, I too had a car on finance from them several years ago and am still sorting out the mess, basically still paying for it, it was a heap of rubbish and broke down umpteen times - it is daylight robbery and not enough is being done to stop those that prey on the vulnerable, very good luck.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Thanks for the message maybelline, know what you mean. Those people at the watchdog programme should do the same with welcome to what they did to YES car credit.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Got all the info sent in the past to welcome together including agreement. Had letter from Finance & Leasing Association and am sending the whole lot back to them in the post in morning. Welcome will have 21 days to answer to them.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Recieved confirmation letter today from FLA. Complaint has now been passed to the Chief Executive's office for further information.

They will contact me as soon as they have a responce but have said if I do not hear anything in 21 days, I'm to chase them.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

• 2 weeks later...

Spoke to the FLA this morning. Had nothing back from Welcome as yet but they said this was not un-common. As usual, they most of the time, will leave it to the deadline to reply.

Hurry up Friday!!!

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Just a quick note to say

I've WON:) :) :)

Recieved letter today to confirm they were in the wrong all the time :lol: and they have contacted credit agencies to update my reference

AND SENT FULL PAYMENT BY CHEQUE:) :)

I'm off to put it in the bank before they change thier mind

Thanks to the CAG for giving me so much help and guidence. Once money has gone through, I will be make a donation

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

well done for sticking with it.

i want to tackel Welcome but my loan is secured on my home, so a bit risky but it could be years before I can move to another lender so still considering this matter.

not pinchng your thread - how big is the smile on your face :):):)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

THANKS Maybelline

Smile goes from one ear to the other. :)

I have found out (in a very short time) that years of trying to do something on my own was not working, thanks to the support of people like you and others, I was put on the right track and it's been sorted in a really short period of time.

My advice is don't worry about it. If they are in the wrong, kick them where it hurts. They got me down for over three years and thats something I've learnt, All they do is bully us inderviduals as they think they have a lot of mussle.

You've always got this forum and us to support you. GO FOR IT:wink:

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

• 2 weeks later...

I had a car financed through Welcome, which cost me thousands to repair (it had 2 new engines!!) Infact, it was so rubbish i scrapped it in the end. Maybe that was a mistake on my part, but with £1600 still owing, i will be contacting Welcome and trying to find a way of either recovering some costs or not paying the balance. This thread has inspired me. I know they charged me loads for missing payments, can i claim them back as unfair charges?

Congrats on your win, Welcome are a really bad company to deal with, i'm glad someones got their money back!

£914.00 unfair bank charges recovered from NatWest after 1st letter :)

£255.00 unfair bank charges recovered from RBS after 1st letter :)

Welcome Finance cannot supply original agreement, N1 issued for charges, PPI & interest total over £3k :cool:

Woolwich 2 defaults removed, 1 ccj removed. My credit file is now clean :D

I had a car financed through Welcome, which cost me thousands to repair (it had 2 new engines!!) Infact, it was so rubbish i scrapped it in the end. Maybe that was a mistake on my part, but with £1600 still owing, i will be contacting Welcome and trying to find a way of either recovering some costs or not paying the balance. This thread has inspired me. I know they charged me loads for missing payments, can i claim them back as unfair charges?

Congrats on your win, Welcome are a really bad company to deal with, i'm glad someones got their money back!

Firstly - I need to know more to say if I could give help out. How long did you have the car before the FIRST engine went. If it was within the first six months. There may be another route to look into. Secondly, did you at any time write to Welcome regarding the issues of the car?

Lastly, I am pretty sure that you can claim your money back on unfair charges. Take a look at thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-bailiffs-advice/37780-welcome-finance-any-dealings.html

Won other bit to remember is keep hold of all paperwork however small you may think it is, you may need it. Hope this helps and it may be better for you to join in on the thread above.

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Just a quick note to say

I've WON:) :) :)

Received letter today to confirm they were in the wrong all the time :lol: and they have contacted credit agencies to update my reference

AND SENT FULL PAYMENT BY CHEQUE :)

I'm off to put it in the bank before they change thier mind

Thanks to the CAG for giving me so much help and guidence. Once money has gone through, I will be make a donation

I just found that this post is edited out ??????, sorry surreylad it should read congratulations :-)

• 3 weeks later...

finally got my act together and sent my DPA request and the CCA request off to Welcome Finance, my difficulties started with a car on finance that I paid off with a refinanced with a secured loan with them, trouble is they whacked on loads of extra things I did not aks for and is only now that I have found this site that I am beginning to educated myself as to how to handle agreements and what not to sign!

I am going to start claiming against these when I know whats going on with my banks claim - In the mean time I will be sending SAR of all of my accounts with them!!!

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

...trouble is they whacked on loads of extra things I did not aks for and is only now that I have found this site that I am beginning to educated myself as to how to handle agreements and what not to sign!

Hi maybelline,

Glad you are starting the ball rolling. I noticed the bit above but unsure what it is you are trying to say. Was it extra's like insurance and protection, damage waiver etc. If it is, this is common from welcome. Good luck and keep us posted.

Allyxia, Good to see you have also started the ball rolling. 40 days and counting:)

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next

Aye SL - hopefully my millions willahev made they way back to me from the banks by then so watch out welcom as you will have my full focus and attention

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full