Another Student Loans Query

inno101
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4678 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Got a quick query about an issue I've had regarding my pre 1997 student loans. My account has been passed to Thesis and I've been trying for quite some time to get copies of the credit agreements. They've sent me through unreadable copies a number of times, to which I requested further legible copies. I've now (much later - months) received copies of the agreement and terms and conditions that are readable but I've noticed a discrepancy between the various copies of the documents I've received.

The earlier copies (without legible terms and conditions) have my signature on them but have not been signed by anybody from the Student Loans Company, whereas on the most recent copies (that are legible) a signature has appeared (and has been dated back to a time a few days after my dated signature) in the box designated to be signed my a representative of the Student Loans Company.

There's no mistaking that this signature has been added after the initial copies were sent to me. In the earlier copies my own signature is perfectly noticeable, but the box which should be signed by SLC is unmistakably empty. All the photocopies of documents I've been sent have the word "original" on them so it doesn't appear that the reason signatures are missing is because they originally sent a duplicate of the original agreement.

Hopefully this is a clear explanation...does anybody have an understanding of what this means?

Thanks in advance.

yep...it is link...I sincerely hope that it's correct about the subsequent payments not impacting a statue barred notice. I've got my statements detailing all payments made on the account.

I've already received the info provided by an SAR from Link/Thesis. It's a little difficult to understand but it looks like the last deferment was made on 07/1999 and expired 07/2000. The next payment to the accounts was made 09/2007.

Do you think the fact the original contract haven't been signed by the SLC is important? And is there a case for me to declare the account Statue Barred?

Thanks for your help with this.

Postggj's advcie is 100% correct. So long as there was a six year gap the newer payments wouldn't 'unbar' the debt.

You cannot, however, expect a refund. The limitation's act doesn't extinguish the debt, it simply removes a creditor's ability to recover money through the courts.

It is said that that 'the limitation act bars the remedy but not the right'.

• 5 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.