• Tweets

• It you had E7 in the past but have converted to single rate then the meter will still hold the last recorded Night readings. This introduces scope for error when manually reading. If the meter has only ever been used on single rate then there's only one figure that can be taken. For example ours shows "Rate 1" reading and a "Total import" reading, but they both give the sme figure. If it has ever been on E7 the total will be higher, including the retained night reading.
    • okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

hfc bank Court Papers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3984 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The DN at first sight looks ok to me. Mostly the others are too small to read even if the magnification is increased. However the file 004jpg, though I cant really make it out, looks like it has a name and address in the top left - for one thing you have scored it out. Is this your name and address? If it is, does the form associate with you in any way at all? For isntance did you fill it out (doesnt look like it, but hard to say for sure), and does it have your sig anywhere on it?

best thing is to try to get us better copies - what you have up are too small and if the magnification is increased then they pixellate - and also the pocs.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SFU

On the top left of the form HFC have handwritten with a pen my name and address on it,

The forms are all blank and i have never filled it in

My signiture is not on the form , its all blank

basically they sent me a blank form with handwritten name and address on it

Sorry about the uploads im havin a bit of trouble with them but ill get it reposted asap

jamanji

OK, good - in that case you want to go and have a look at afw's thread - same lender in pursuit (HFC), same [problem] (though I dont think they bothered to write her name and address in at the top - you should feel privileged!). It starts here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?269529-Creation-Financial-Services-and-Court-*WON*&highlight=afw - read if from the beginning because you might see something useful early on. But it seems to me to be basically the same sort of thing - "this is the sort of thing you must have signed and we have written your name at the top to prove this". Get back to us when you have read through it - I am sure you will have questions. You might even try sending a PM to afw, who as the thread indicates did win - but she had to face them down first. You might well have to do the same because they will "try it on" and its only by getting people to take them on that they might just stop it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for all your info SFU its much appreciated from all,

Ok paid the court and filed intent to defend, so here goes,

Needing a pointer to submit a good defence can anyone help? i have 1 week from now to lodge it. Im presuming it will be an s61 defence as no signed document is available. This is my firsyt time at court so i need all the help i can get

Just had the computer fixed so i can be online more from tomorow

Thanks in advance

As I said in an earlier post, you could learn a lot from afw's thread (http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?269529-Creation-Financial-Services-and-Court-*WON*/page3&highlight=afw) and I would spend a wee bit of time reading that. The link will take you to page 3 where I sketched out a defence for her. From what I can tell your situation is fairly close to her's - you have got T&Cs with your name and address typed at the top, while she got a blank application form with T&cs attached - not quite the same, but neither compliant, so you could learn from that. The other thing is that while her thread is headed Creation, but HFC was at the bottom of it (one of their identities). In that case, you would also find the thread interesting from the pov of process - one of the things about that case was its similarity to playing poker - they blagged their hand as much as they could but ultimately didnt have the cards. In some ways its a test of nerve - dont assume these guys want to go to court - much better to frighten you. I think that comes out in the thread. The other thing i would suggest is pming afw yourself for her advice - she's been over the course, and I would be hopeful of a similar outcome.

So, your homework -

1. read afw's thread - think about the aspects of her defence that apply to you - and look at the twists and turns that were involved
  2. send her a pm and get her involved too.
  3. after that draft out a draft defence and we can pick over it.

Hi jamanji

You couldn't be in better company/hands than SFU and Ida, SFU helped me through my court case with tremendous patience and guidance.

I must admit I was extremely terrified to attend Court to defend. Before I was due to go to court I looked up the local court lists and found out when their small claims and ordinary claims where on, I went along and sat in on some cases I found this extremely useful and it helped me.

Once I had done this and attended court for the first hearing of the Incidental Application that SFU helped me with to get more time to allow pursuer to send me all the paper work I needed. I was still a bit apprehensive but felt a bit more in control. The second hearing was not so bad as SFU pointed out they are all in fancy dress and this I kept in my mind the whole time I was in the court.

The defence that SFU prepared for me was absolutly first class, also I would never have known to request absolvitor if it hadn't been for SFU and maybe would have still had them chasing me.

If I can be off any help to you please do not hesitate to let me know, I would be only too pleased to help somebody as SFU did for me, it would be my way of thanking all on CAG for all the wonderful help they gave me.

Cheers

AFW

Hi afw,

Thank you so much for your post and again thankyou SFU and ida for the support so far, Im reading your thread with intrest and yip i am just being taken down the same dark road as you have been, Firstly i hope your husband is better,i will ivdigest everything on the thread and then i will start preparing my defence, i hope i can get some help with this, just had the computer fixed so it all starts now

Will be in touch really soon as i have till next wednesday to prepare the defence but im assuming its just like yours, no signed document whatso ever , should I SAR HSBC as they only sent me the same CCa request as you ? Hope your well and here we go again

Jamanji

Hi afw,

Thank you so much for your post and again thankyou SFU and ida for the support so far, Im reading your thread with intrest and yip i am just being taken down the same dark road as you have been, Firstly i hope your husband is better,i will ivdigest everything on the thread and then i will start preparing my defence, i hope i can get some help with this, just had the computer fixed so it all starts now

Will be in touch really soon as i have till next wednesday to prepare the defence but im assuming its just like yours, no signed document whatso ever , should I SAR HSBC as they only sent me the same CCa request as you ? Hope your well and here we go again

Jamanji

Hi jamanji

Firstly, Thank you for enquiring about my Hubby, unfortunately he isn't much better still not sure whats going on still waiting more tests.

Personally I would send for a SAR to HSBC, SFU did advise me to do that, however this can take up to 40 days to come back and that is why SFU helped me put in Incidental Application for more time (I think its called a sist) to allow them to send me the info the court wouldn't agree to sist but allowed me more time (4 weeks) I also sent a SAR request to their Solicitors.

Good Luck, I shall follow this thread with great interest, if I can help in anyway please do not hesitate to say (Not clued up like SFU and Ida) but nothing would be too much trouble.

Cheers

AFW

Hi there,

read through AWF s thred, alot of reading, I presume my defence would be the first part as im not going for unlawfull charges, as i await the SAR from them.

Mine is an ordinary Action

I lodged my intent to defend and paid the £80.00, got a letter from the court stating

23/02/11 is the last day for lodging defences

12/04/11 is the last day for making adjustments to Writ or defences

21/04/11 is the last day for intimating , together with your grounds, a note of any Preliminary pleas

26/04/11 at 10 am is the date and the time of the Options Hearing

So do i need to hand in my first draft of defence by 23/02/11 to the court ?

How do I write it (Typed on A4 paper with the court ref on top ? ( sorry this is my first time at court)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi jamanji

Did they aver that they had a copy of the signed original in their POC.

They hadn't done that in my case and seemingly as SFU pointed out to me that they should have done this. When I sent a copy of my defence to their Solicitors stating that they had not averred in the POC that they can produce a signed copy of the CCA everything started to desimmer, as in Scottish Courts according to Act of Sederant they have to aver that they have a signed copy of the original. (I am sure I have this right, if not I am sure somebody will be able to correcxt me). They tried the tactic of You got money from us so we want it back.

However your best person to advise on this is SFU, (I know he can be a busy man) have you tried send a PM to him or even Ida who could contact him.

Can you tell us what Scottish Court this has been called in. If you dont want to post this info on here you can PM me.

Cheers

AFW

Hi There,

Found a letter from them stating john lewis financial services has been unable to provide a photocopy of my original agreement . Please note that in accordance with regulation 3 of the consumer credit (cancellation notices and copies of documents )Regulations 1983 we provide a recontitited copy of the executed agreement that does not include information which it is permitted to exclude such as the signitures and signiture box

They confirm i opened the account on the bla bla blla and held in my name and have bassically acknowledged the debt

But still no signed agreement

SHERIFFDOM OF, Jamanjis Address

Court Ref. No :- xxxxxxx

in the cause of

HFC Bank Limited, a Company incorporated under the Companies Acts

having its Registered Office at

Box 4716, Birmingham, B1 3RD

PURSUER(S)

Against

Jamanji

DEFENDER

ANSWERS TO CONDESCENDENCE

1.The averments regarding the defender are admitted. The existence of jurisdiction is admitted. Quoad ultra not known and not admitted .

A. It is explained that, there is no signed agreement in existence for the

Beneficial Finance Credit Card :- Account No xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The agreement allegedly entered into on xxxxxxxxxx is unenforceable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 Section 60(1) (a) by virtue of , including, but not limited to,

1. No credit limit being specified, nor how it will be notified;

2. No details provided about repayments;

3. No term stating the rate of interest

4. The document not having been signed by the DEFENDER.

“Therefore s127 (3) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 applies, specifically that the court shall not make an enforcement order under section 65(1) if section 61(1) (a) (signing of agreements) was not complied with unless a document (whether or not in the prescribed form and complying with regulations under section 60(1)) itself containing all the prescribed terms of the agreement was signed by the debtor or hirer (whether or not in the prescribed manner)”.

PLEAS IN LAW

1.The PURSUER’S averments are irrelevant et separatim lacking in specification, the action should be dismissed

2.The purported credit card agreement which the PURSUERS will present as evidence, does not conform in form or content to Section 60(1)(a) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and as such is unenforceable under Section 127(3) of the same Act. The Defender craves that the court uses its powers under Section 142 of the same Act and declare that the purported credit card agreement supplied by the Pursuer as unenforceable.

Hi There

This is my defense First draft, i have untill 11/04/11 to make any adjustments , can anyone tell me if i should sign it at the bottom or not ??? its to be handed in Today :madgrin:

Thanks so much AFW

Went to the court myself and they were really helpfull

Yes it did need to be signed and headed DEFENCE but everything else was just fine

Thanks again for replying very much appreciated

Jamanji

Apologies that your flagged up post was missed.. Unfortunately with a large site and a volunteer force of site admins we need time to sometimes respond to all of the requests, although no excuse I hope you can understand.

Yes all court documents should be signed, its good you took the decision to go to the court and got advice on the fly so to speak.

S.

Thanks AFW, yip sent a copy to the solicitors, The court pointed out that there sols copy just needs to follow up the court copy as there is no deadline for there solicitors copy

Also i have until the 12/04/11 to adjust my defence , so i await the SAR and then will adjust to suit the charges i will also put in my defence,

I am learning about all this now and will now read up on the credit act 1974 to arm myself,

The court told me to head my paper DEFENCE and to sign and print my name on the bottom, The lady then checked over my defence for me and said it was fine

Thanks shadow

No problem , needed to go to court anyway to hand it in on time and got some advise from them when i was there, So a win win situation was had

Thanks to SFU and AFW im guided on the right direction , its now up to me "to tool myself up" , as they say

Hi Folks,

Just had a reply from my SAR they want me to supply a copy of my driving licence or passport, sounds suspicious to me. I have sent a SAR to 4 others and none of them have asked for this , Is this normal or are they trying to trick me ? not sure , can anyone advise on this as i need the SAR before court

Jamanji

Hi Folks,

Just had a reply from my SAR they want me to supply a copy of my driving licence or passport, sounds suspicious to me. I have sent a SAR to 4 others and none of them have asked for this , Is this normal or are they trying to trick me ? not sure , can anyone advise on this as i need the SAR before court

Jamanji

Hi jamanji

I had this with another company that I sent a SAR to, but I replied reiterating that as they used my current address for commnications already this should be enough to satisfy them of my true identity and that the clock was ticking from the date of my first request. They then sent me the info without hesitation. I am sure if you wrote back stating the same and that you would bring it to the sheriffs attention that they were delaying sending this info without good cause. After all they sent summons to you and you got it.... I definately wouldn't send anything with my signature on it especially at this stage.

Hopefully somebody with more experience like SFU will either confirm what I have said or advise accordingly. (As I said before its all a learning process).

Keep us posted.

AFW

What if you dont hold a Driving Licence or Passsport which I am sure some people dont...

Edited by 24233513afw
Typo mistake

afw is quite right - tell them to get lost on the basis that there is no such requirement in the DPA - or if you want to be a bit more bolshy, ask them to show you where it is (they wont be able to). Just another delaying tactic. If this means you dont get the stuff you need from them by the time of your court appearance, ask for an extension and use their stupid letter as a reason why you need this.

The other possibility is some clever use of Photoshop (or similar to scan you sig on to an incriminating document that currently they dont have your sig on) as afw hinted. Not to say that they would - but best not to take the chance. Besides you dont have to!

• 2 weeks later...

Reading this with some interest.Good luck Jamanji...you are in very good hands on this site.Personally I would ignore the request for your ID from them....they have a legal obligation to provide you the info you requested and within a legal timeframe....if they don't this is in your favour.Who is the pursuers solicitor ? If it is who I think it is I may be able to provide you some info on what to expect when you get to court.I also echo the previous advice given....look up your Sheriff court roll and go and sit in the public gallery when Small Claims and Ordinary actions are being heard....even just knowing the layout and procedures involved will make your own visit a lot less stressful.