P.D.C.S. text

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I've got this text yesterday, completely out of the blue saying:

Mr "xxxx" please contact P.D.C.S. regarding an important matter urgently on 0844 559 7155 Reference Number "xxxx" & "xxxx".

Now the thing is, I have no debt to anyone or anything and I'm panicking a little bit as I don't know what to do, this got in as quite a shock...

Should I call them and ask what's going on? I have no idea how these things work... never had a problem with anything...

Cheers.

Don't worry about it and totally ignore it. If you know you have got no debt then it will be a phishing text. They'll send the text to lots of people with your name and pursue anyone who replies in the hope one of them is the right one. Totally ignore it and forget about it! Also, don't be surprised if you get further ones over the coming days / weeks. They will stop, but some can be quite persistent.

P.D.C.S is actually Pastdue Credit Solutions Ltd,

Registered Company in Scotland (287794)

4 Blair Court

North Avenue

Clydebank Business Park

G81 2LA

They are debt collectors, usually utility bills but could be anything.

DO NOT ring them back under any curcumstances, thats what they want, to get you on the phone to intimidate you in to paying a debt you may not even owe. That is their only power YOUR FEAR.

Just ignore them until they send something in writing that might shed some light on what the debt is

Thanks a lot for the prompt replies!

The thing is, while I was living in London with 2 friends the Gas was in my name, I left there before them as I got a job at another city, so when they left that property they canceled everything but one of them told me that they couldnt cancel the Gas for some reason and I had to phone them and I just remembered this as at the time I was between houses and really busy at work so I completely forgot about it! BUT the property we were at is pretty much only for renting within an estate agency, when we moved in the landlord was persistent in asking to change everything to our name (electricity, water etc etc) so that must have happened to the new tenants...

I literally just remembered this and am pretty scared as I never had a single debt in my life so I dont know if I should call the old landlord to confirm or the Gas company...

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

4 Blair Court

North Avenue

Clydebank Business Park

G81 2LA

DO NOT ring them back under any curcumstances, thats what they want, to get you on the phone to intimidate you in to paying a debt you may not even owe. That is their only power YOUR FEAR.

Just ignore them until they send something in writing that might shed some light on what the debt is

I had a phone call from them approx two months ago. A woman with a thick Scottish accent stated I owed £5,000 to a company I took a loan out with, and as a result of falling into arrears, wanted me to pay them over the phone!! I told them not to be so stupid as I didn't recall the name of the company they mentioned I owed money to, and I wasn't paying them anything until they sent me evidence. I told them to send me at my present addresses all the details so I could then see what it was all about. They mentioned my previous address and sounded genuine. I never received anything in the post.

Today they text me quoting a reference number matching the same phone number as before. This time it was a text compared to last time which was a telephone call.

Any advise to get rid of them please. The telephone number sent for me to contact was 0141 9516448

Edited by dogman1442

4 Blair Court

North Avenue

Clydebank Business Park

G81 2LA

I had a phone call from them approx two months ago. A woman with a thick Scottish accent stated I owed £5,000 to a company I took a loan out with, and as a result of falling into arrears, wanted me to pay them over the phone!! I told them not to be so stupid as I didn't recall the name of the company they mentioned I owed money to, and I wasn't paying them anything until they sent me evidence. I told them to send me at my present addresses all the details so I could then see what it was all about. They mentioned my previous address and sounded genuine. I never received anything in the post.

Today they text me quoting a reference number matching the same phone number as before. This time it was a text compared to last time which was a telephone call.

Any advise to get rid of them please. The telephone number sent for me to contact was 0141 9516448

Do not call them. Until they put something in writing in a letter, ignore it. The fact that they havent done that yet proves its just a phishing trip, and one you are starting to fall for.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 3 weeks later...

I received the following text today: MISS XXXX XXXXXXX, please contact PDCS re an important matter by calling us on 01419516443 quoting case number 6636932 I do not have any debt and i am pretty sure about that. I wonder where they have my name and number from.

It would cost you £10, but you could send them a Data Subject Access request.

I did this with a few companies who seemed to send me mailshots and you'd be surprised where they get your details from. I'd first write and ask them without the money, but tell them you'll DSAR them anyway if they don't provide where they got your details, pay the £10 and inform the Information Commissioner.

It's a pain in the butt doing these things if you've much better things to do (haven't we all?) but it gets to the route of the issue.

Good luck.

A1

I received the following text today: MISS XXXX XXXXXXX, please contact PDCS re an important matter by calling us on 01419516443 quoting case number 6636932 I do not have any debt and i am pretty sure about that. I wonder where they have my name and number from.

Ignore it. You may have had a debt a long time ago that is still being passed around and they are trying your luck. They dont have your address otherwise theyll send letters. It's a simple phishing trip so the advice in post #10 will work for you too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

the pretentious clowns at Past Due always assign a "case" no..

Don't know if that's true but sounds right.

Either way if all they can do is text then they're on a phishing trip. As Rene says they don't have your address so ignore until they learn how to write.

Illegitimi non carborundum

• 1 year later...

Well guess what!!! Ha ha ha I got one of these and it isn't even my name on it!!!

I was worried at first because I have been getting someones NHs doctors appointment to my phone!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ran the doctors and sorted that out then alone came this!

I wondered if the same person had given the wrong number to PDCS i.e. my number! Then I found this site and worked out it was just phishing.

I am in the very lucky position of having no dept and not having any for a long time :) I don't even pay utility bills in my name!

Someone should stop PDCS from doing this. It could cause people problems at home or cause them a lot of stress.

Is anyone doing anything to stop them?

Yes. Official guidance on debt collection. However the DCA's ignore it and the regulators rarely ever do anything about it unless there is a mass complaint.

Merlin , Past Due are very very minor players in this field and innocuous compared to most. Read some DCA threads, you'll soon get the picture. Even having no debts and not paying utility bills is no guarantee against their predatory swooping.

Its when they start doing the 'three days till Mr X visits if you don't call us immediately' type texts that it starts to get worrying.

I think texting should be banned as a means of debt collecting, and sending out emails when you cannot reply to said email other than to phone the idiots.