Bradford & bingley mortgage fixed rate

mark1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4815 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,hopefully someone can help me with possibly a simple question?

when we purchsed our house in 1996 we had a mortage arrnged with bradford and bingley.

we have remained with them since that date and reverted from an interest only mortgage with endownment in 2004 to a repayment mortgage for 3 years at a fixed rate.when this came up for renewal late 2006 we signed an agreement with them for a fixed mortage at an APR of 5.89% fixed till Jan 2017.

as everone knows they are now under Government control.last year i did not get a statement despite asking several times :( . prior to this year i got a letter saying they were changing my account number for computer purposes.

however when checking the statement the APR is 3.64% for all last years payments? i have maintained/overpaid the agreed monthly figure since 2006/7 and this is clearly shown on the statement.

my question is this: would i be worse off financially for querying this rate? i am concerned because of the hype of sudden interest rises predicted.i have a signed copy/ies of the agreemnt sent by B&B to back my account/contract for the fixed rate.:sad:

APR is worked out to the end of your loan term so isnt very accurate. Use a fee online mortgage calculator or MS excel to work you repayments out and see if they match what you are currently paying.

from my dealings with B&B who are owned by Santander, they still use Annual Rest as their interest calculation whcih is why when you had an endowment mortgage with them your balance did not remain contstant and may even have increased/decreased in varying years