I really have to close my Vanquis account and end this nightmare....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4831 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I was moving house a couple of years ago to escape domestic voilence and foolishly took out a Vanquis card to help with the move, although I knew the apr was totally OTT!

I am so sick and tired of being charged exorbitant interest and unfair over-limit (ie when interest levied takes my account over my £500 limit and I’m charged £12) fees, not to mention being trapped in a spiral of debt, that I’d like to effectively freeze my Vanquis credit card and try to agree a payment plan with Vanquis of around £5 over min.repayment.

However, after reading lots of advice on this forum, it would seem that is a pretty difficult thing to get these bunch of sharks to agree to.

So….can somebody kindly advise me of my best course of action.?

I have also read people getting late and over-limit fees refunded. Is this still viable in January 2011? If so, please tell me how to do this as, in two years, as well as paying £470 repayment on a £500 debt, I still have the debt and am getting a bit desparate.

All advice gratefully received, thank you

Hi and welcome to CAG

If you have all your statements from the start of your troubles then you will know how much you have been charged with these fees.

You can then reclaim them with interest at the same rate they charged you.

Have a look at section 3 HERE

If you don't know how much you have been charged then you will need to SAR them (template in the same link)

Make sure you send all letters recorded Delivery.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Tidied the thread title for you. :-)

You could use some of the letters in the link I gave you to negotiate a freeze or reduction of interest and come to an agreed repayment plan with them.

Only pay what you can afford. This is an unsecured debt so you have to prioritise what you NEED to pay out (rent/mortgage,utility bills, food etc.) before working out what you can afford to offer them.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Thanks and thanks! I'll do that - I've alreadty sent off the charges letter - I thought the whole reclaiming charges was dead and buried after the appeal court's (crazy) decision last year.

Thanks and thanks! I'll do that - I've alreadty sent off the charges letter - I thought the whole reclaiming charges was dead and buried after the appeal court's (crazy) decision last year.

That was for bank charges on overdrafts. The ruling didn't apply to credit cards, loans or HP charges which are still fully reclaimable.

• 2 weeks later...
hi guys, sorry, I'm lost, which letter do I send to Vanquis to reclaim my money if I don't know how much it is?

Great site thou! thanks!

Send this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

Once you get a reply, start your own thread. If you're stuck, just shout out for help.