• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lloyds Tsb ppi claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

My claim for mis selling of ppi on a credit card with lloyds went to the financial ombudsman and the adjudicator went in my favour , however Loyds tsb didnt agree with his recommendations so the case was sent to an Ombudsman , this was sent to the ombudsman in august 2010 and still no movement , Anyone having similar issues and whats the time scale regards backlog etc

many thanks

I think everyone is having problems with any Lloyds claims that are in progress they are basically refusing to furnish FOS with the information that they need to progress cases. Also the volume of cases that FOS have regarding PPI is also absolutely fecking huge and they can't cope

If you can keep you head when all of those around you are losing theirs try parking your helicopter somewhere else

The PPI Saga

Can agree with that! I been waiting almost 18 months from my initial letter to Lloyds, did get a pay out which though substantial still wasn't correct, so went back to the FOS in September last year and am still waiting for a decision. Despite many emails and telephone calls it's aways been a case of the adjudicator having to chase the bank and from the sounds of it being fobbed off! Stick with it steve76, we can't let the banks continue to get away with it!

Mikey40

• 1 month later...

Still no outcome , this is well over a year old now since first sent to financial ombudsman and was sent for a final decision by an ombudsman in august

Any one else in similar situation as im curious about the backlog and how far back it goes , whenever i ring they just say waiting to go before the ombudsman , it seems to have completely stalled , surely it doesnt take over 6 months to reach a final decision after the adjudicator had already agreed i was mis-sold ppi , seems Lloyds TSB's refusal to accept responsibility is paying dividend again

• 2 months later...

Does anyone think if i wrote to TSB stating that my ppi claim has been with FOS over 12 months awaiting an ombudsmans decision they may make me an offer baring in mind the recent court case ???

There just doesnt seem to be any light at the end of a long tunnel with the FOS , just a continuous waiting game

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had any response recently from " The Ombudsman " relating to a PPI claim going back to start of 2010 ??? I was told that my case had been passed to an Ombudsman to review but still not heard a thing , it is nearly 12 months since the Adjudicator at FOS wrote to TSB in my favour and now the months keep passing with no results

Hi there

fos is a very slow process and probably made even worse by the recent judicial review findings. I fear you might have quite a wait yet unfortunately.

Probably why advice is now moving towards the court route rather than fos.

ims

• 3 weeks later...

My complete against lloyds PPI was sent to the FOS in July 2008. An adjudicator wrote to me on the 19th May 2010 saying that he had written to \lloyds recommending that it makes me a settlement and also pay me £200.oo compensation for distress and inconvenience.Lloyds did not respond and the complaint was referred to an ombudsman. Letters arrive periodically saying that they are very busy and will deal with my complaint ASAP - STILL NOTHING HAS HAPPENED THREE YEARS FROM THE START OF MY COMPLAINT

might be worth writing to lloyds again saying that in view of the judicial review you want them to look at your complaint again. I have written to Santander and Tesco, and previously having reached the end of the road with them and the complaints being with the ombudsman they seem as though they are going to look at them again - worth a try!

GE MONEY - DEBENHAMS CARD

Settled in full after prelim :)

MBNA

Settled after LBA

however mistake made by me on contractual interest so going after the rest now

SETTLED IN FULL JAN 2007:)

MINT

Offer after prelim rejected

Settled in full after LBA:)

to go:

Barclays Bus Ac - to mcol

Barclays CC - to mcol

Nat West (over 6 years) no action taken yet

Creation Financial - awaiting statements since Dec

Goldfish - offer after prelim rejected

and some more

Yes, go for it, if you get a result its one less for the FOS to deal with and all you have to do is let them know.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

Hi

Send them LBA and give them 14 to settle then take to court. See this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309877-Missold-PPI-Capital-One

As long as you dilly dally then so will they. If the ombudsman has said they have to pay than that is the end of it. Go down the small clams rouote, it is the only language they understand. They have stolen your money and no amount of reasoning will make them pay it back unless there is a court order.

good luck

Thanks for all your advice. I have a copy of the original agreement, which shows quite clearly the "tick" in the No box for PPI. I had a secure job and because my credit usage was small, did not require it. However Lloyds say they offered it by telephone at a later date, which happened to be the 14th August 2003. I definately know they are lying because I'm never home on that date. I always, always visit my mother on that date because it is her birthday. They've never proved their phone call. Its a pity that three of the witness' at her party have since passed away and I only have my duaghter's word about my attending this annual party.

I have to say that if I had an agreement with the "No" box clearly ticked and some heresay telephone conversation, I'd be off down to the Courthouse on the hurry up.

Agreed to it in a phone conversation? Yeah right!

ims

I suppose I'm a bit scared of the court route, because of the costs involved. Having laid out several hundred pounds for my children and step children over bank charges and getting nowhere. I could afford to help them at the time but now I'm not so well off. Anyway I suppose the LBA would be a start. Is there a template for it anywhere. I've used the bank charges one a few years back, but can't find it now.

Hi

I understand your concern however I am almost sure they will not allow it to go to court. Have a look at my thread and the letter I sent http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309877-Missold-PPI-Capital-One

I am in the exact same situation with capital one where they are saying I agreed over the phone then sent docs in post with 30 days cooling off period. The whole thing is fiction.

I basically asked them to prove all of it. Here is a copy of the letter I sent

I am writing in response to your letter dated 13 June 2011. Thank you for getting back to me with your interpretation of events however I am left feeling slightly concerned. In my recent Subject Access Request dated 14th March 2011 I asked for all information held by you with regards to the above account. I specifically asked for any information regarding the PPI applied to my account.

First of all you informed me that PPI was applied to my account from Sep 2001 however the information you sent only shows PPI payments starting on Mar 2004, a blatant attempt to conceal information. You refer to a phone conversation where I opted to purchase PPI and a subsequent letter allegedly containing a policy document. There was no reference to either the phone callicon or the letter you say was sent.

I believe this to be a deliberate attempt to withhold information that you were legally bound to provide me with under the conditions of the Subject Access Rights Notice. I will be making a formal complaint about this to the Data Commissioner or relevant authorities.

What I require you to do.

1. Provide evidence of the alleged phone callicon in the form of:

Date and time of call.

The process the Rep. had to go through.

The questions the Rep. asked.

Any data recorded by the Rep. made as a result of the call.

Any voice recording made of the call.

The exact details the rep would have explained to me (assuming the call happened, which it didn’t)

Details of how, exactly, was the optional nature of the policy explained to me.

2. An exact copy of the policy document allegedly sent .

If, as you say, your representatives were given detailed training then there should be extensive training documents and other information regarding quality control of the process. There will also be information regarding the number of Reps who did not follow the ‘script’ and failed the quality control process.

I know I am not entitled to see this information under the data protection act however I will be asking for it to be provided if I take this to court.

I would also like to bring to your attention the fact that in your last letter you said you would include a copy of the policy document and it was not there. So much for your quality control systems.

I am willing to put on hold the time scale set by my letter before actionicon and will give you a further 7 days to respond to my request.

Regards

• 2 months later...

Well done.

MBNA

Settled after LBA

MINT

to go:

Barclays CC - to mcol

and some more

• 1 month later...

Wandering if you could help, I got a letter over 6 weeks ago with my offer. I called them and they told me a cheque will be sent within the next 6 weeks, suprise suprise still waiting!! Have you received your cheque yet? I'm fed up calling them cos it takes over an hour just to get tho! Any info when I might get it? Ta

Wandering if you could help, I got a letter over 6 weeks ago with my offer. I called them and they told me a cheque will be sent within the next 6 weeks, suprise suprise still waiting!! Have you received your cheque yet? I'm fed up calling them cos it takes over an hour just to get tho! Any info when I might get it? Ta

Report this to fos who will be able to "stimulate" them into paying up. Ask for another 6 weeks interest as well

ims

Report this to fos who will be able to "stimulate" them into paying up. Ask for another 6 weeks interest as well

ims

Thanks, I have called them fos today and I've been told to wait another 6 weeks! the man I spoke to wasnt that helpful, Also I called TSB and they've advised all payments have been put on hold for another 6 weeks, as some people are getting thr wrong amount!