I picked a drunk up off the floor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3760 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I watched him stagger, one way then the next and then it happened, on to the middle of the pavement he fell. So being a good citizen like I am, I went to his aid, helped him onto his feet and sat him on a seat.

Some people would stop and help, I guess but most would not get involved but hey, my good deed was done and so the question remains, was I was fool hardy and who would have done the same ?

It would depend on the circumstances. If he was unconscious I'd probably have checked for a patent airway and injury and moved him into the recovery position. If he was unresponsive to voice and pain I'd probably have called an ambulance. Of course, alcohol may not have been the cause of the behaviour; head injury, CVA and diabetes can all produce similar symptoms, or the behaviour may be due to the precipitating effect of alcohol on an underlying condition or medication.

If it was just alcohol and he was responsive I'd just silently curse him for his irresponsibility and move on.

id check for a wallet (for identification purposes of course angelwings.gif)

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: