possible dangerous garage repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi ,

little bit of advice please , my daughter had the AA out because of her car not running properly and the engine management light coming on , they came out , plugged the diagnostic machine into her car and found the No 1 fuel injector was faulty , she booked it into our local garage who are normally quite good , £120 pounds later it was supposedly sorted , next day driving back from her boyfriends on a dual carriageway the car coughs splutters (her words) a load of smoke from under the bonnet , she manages to get the car into the side of the road and calls the AA again , turns out the fuel rail connector hadn't been put back onto the injector properly and had worked its way loose spraying fuel over a hot engine , AA man (same one who came out to diagnose the original problem) said that she was lucky the car hadn't caught fire or worse , how should i go about this complaint wise , in person to the garage , in writing or not at all , if it had been a bolt on the exhaust or some other minor thing i wouldn't be so concerned but the fuel systems a bit of a different thing , any advice or views would be appreciated :-)

Hi Mint

I would send a letter of complaint to the garage, with a copy of the last AA Report. Clearly you need to be compensated as the repair was not carried out correctly, and could of caused harm to your daughter and others. Send it Recorded.

Here's some info:- http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/cgi-bin/wirral/con1item.cgi?file=*ADV0046-1011.txt

Heres some info on Chargeback:- http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

• 5 weeks later...

I have inserted a reply from Moorcroft.

0000.jpg

00001.jpg

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (edited for bookworm god bless her sole) Deep Peace be with you.

“I would say to the House as I said to those who have joined this government: I have

nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the

most grievous kind. We have before us many, many long months of struggle and of

suffering.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs —

Victory in spite of all terror — Victory, however long and hard the road may be, for

without victory there is no survival.”

(Winston Churchill Addressing the House of commons.)

All complaints go to the lootube. All conversations go in the white box then you click submit.