style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last November I obtained a MAC code from Virgin (ADSL) and tried to migrate to BT. BT initially told me that the MAC code from Virgin was invalid, so I called Virgin and obtained a new one over the phone. With that, BT successfully completed the migration and started providing my phone and broadband services.

Virgin have not stopped taking money from me by Direct Debit each month. I called to query this and they deny ever having issued the second, valid MAC code. This is due to their policy against keeping records of phone conversations - I learnt my lesson and now only communicate by email.

Despite the fact that they no longer provide me any services, the amount of the bill has fluctuated wildly, implying that they are charging for something like phone calls - which is impossible because I now pay BT for all my phone calls.

I have never been provided with a bill by Virgin - for years they have failed to give me access to my 'eBilling' account. I never found this too much of a problem in the past as they were providing a service for which I was happy to pay. Now, it's a problem, since I need to see what they're charging me for!

My next step is to call BT and ask if there is a reason the migration did not succeed, but I expect they will confirm my suspicion that it is Virgin's error.

Either way, what rights do I have? Can I expect the company in the wrong to refund the excess bills?

Should I cancel the Direct Debit to stop Virgin taking more of my money with little chance of recovery? Or would that make negotiations even more difficult?

Is there any legislation or regulator I can use to force Virgin to let me see my bills?

Help me CAG, you're my only hope!

1st thing you need to stop the direct debit before vermin take any more money for nothing.

Also contact your bank and claim refunds of the amounts since you stopped been a customer

of vermin, Under the dd scheme you should be covered.

Once you have done that I would be in contact with Vermin to stop the direct debit with them,

they are no longer providing you a service so you have no bills to pay them, demand the dd stopped.

P.S Good luck they are the worst company ever, don't believe everything on the phone, demand

everything in writing, email etc..

George

Help me CAG, you're my only hope!
The Force is strong in you :-)

I would go straight to there complaints department

Complaints,

Virgin Media,

PO Box 333,

Matrix Court,

Swansea.

SA7 9ZJ

Explain everything in simple language.

One user has an email address for the top guy (NOT Mr Branson) I'll see if I can find it

Found one:

[email protected]

Edited by silverfox1961
added a bit

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE