nasty traffic wardens

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6404 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a vent!!!

When I was pregs I had to pop to the chemist to get a prescription for my urgent tablets.

Since fracturing my pelvis 4 years ago (having my first child ironically) I have been a disabled badge holder.

Well the nearest safe place to park by the chemist was a quiet side street with a loading bay (yes I know - but it was 9:05 and there wasnt a van or car in site), so I parked there.

The traffic warden was in the street and didnt say anything so me and my big 8 months belly got outa of the car, ludged the pushchair from the boot (for my 10 months old) and went into the chemist on the corner. I displayed my Badges.

When I got back the warden had booked me. Id been gone for exactly 7 mins. Even the ticket reflected a 5 mins park.

Ohhh I have paid up because I know I shoudlnt have been in the loading bay.

But what sick b**tard watches a disabled heavily pregs woman lug a pushchair out of the car go into the chemist and come back all within 7 mintues then slaps a £30 fine on her car.

Appealed to council and they didnt care either.

Where the morality these days.

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

yes they'll out to get me!!!!!!!!

anybody else mite get paranoid.

ps you 4 got Sky/council tax and crap phone warehouse as well or havent you found those threads yet!!)

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

Snap! 8 months and 3 weeks preggers with what turned out to be a 9'9 pounder, pop in to Natwest at 8.55 a saturday am, loading bay across from the bank, in and out in less than 5 mns. No-one around but the blasted warden booking me, not a car, not a lorry, not a human being, and by that, I do count the warden :mad: A pox on all jobsworths!

~*~ Please click the scales if you liked my post! ;-) ~*~

It funny most of these things happened when I was preggers, so the world hates preg women!!!!!!

oooooohhh M brown you r a cheeky monkey!!!!

Allyxia

The laws for pregnant women in this country stink! Just like our crappy maternity pay!

I spend alot of time in America with my job and it is soooo different there. They would NEVER book a pregnant woman. Being heavily pregnant is a disability in itself, you can't walk far, get out of breath and feel nautious most of the time. When will the authorities look at this? If in doubt then tell them you need to pee (see my thread). Now I genuinely did need to pee, but if the law is unfair then hell do it........

Remember to point out that for a pregannt woman to hold a pee in is a danger to her child due to the late risk of infection. This is such a serious threat, that so many women still are not aware of, but in the USA they are.

Karen :oops:

05/01/07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) posted

07/03/07 Offer made of £457. Rejected. Offer remade of £651, accepted.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Please don't forget to make a donation!

Karen sent them a letter and my GP sent them a statement, they didnt care.

I know Im on mat leave at the moment I still breast feeding and Im already down on my pay.

Inone hand you gotthe government encouraging us to breastfeed then in the other they dont pay us to stay at home - thank god my hubby works thats all I can say.

Just look at Childminder now for when I go back in feb, for my two baby its gona cost £250 per week and I only work 3 days

Allyxia

Its a scary tactic, but just like the banks, they don't want to go to court. I was prepared to go and represent myself, but they threw it out days before. The same happened with Virgin Net. I closed my account with them and paid up in full but they said they needed to confirm something with me first and sent the correspondance to an email address that I have never used (a standard Virgin one that they give you when you open the account), so naturally I did not recieve it and they kept billing me for a service I didn't know I had. They too pushed as far as court but at the last moment dropped it. I did the same with Lambeth and a bus lane fine (I was genuinely innocent and used the lane to avoid an accident), they too dropped at the last moment. Its a risk and for me so far it has paid off.

I just had to stump up £30 two weeks ago because my ticket blew off my dashboard when I closed my door and I didn't realise. I appealed innitially by sending them the ticket I had purchased, but decided to pay up straightaway as the `law' says that the ticket must be clearly displayed. So unfair, but our hands are tied.

Your story is shocking and if I were you I would contact some Pregnancy magazines to tell your tale as well as The Alliance for Improvement in Maternity Services. Let the borough know that you are doing this and ask for a full refund. See if that gets them thinking.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

Remember to point out that for a pregannt woman to hold a pee in is a danger to her child due to the late risk of infection. This is such a serious threat, that so many women still are not aware of, but in the USA they are.

Apologies to OP for hijack, but I have to query that. How?

Holding it in can cause UTI (Urinary Tract Infections) in some cases, but I fail to see how it can affect baby safely ensconsed in his little protective bag. Do you have any scientific data to back this up? I did a quick Google and found little to confirm this. A UTI left untreated may lead to kidney problems, which in turn could lead to an early delivery and therefore low birth weight, but the link is tenuous, to say the least. Very interested in the answer.

Yes apologies for hijack too but we do need to clear up.

Please take it from me that it is a very serious threat. I lost my son at 9 mths pregnant (not linked to a UTI but something very similar that could have been avoided) and this led me down a long path working with SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society). For the past 5 years I have attended conferences and talks in relation to Stillbirth and premature birth and my eyes have been opened!

A UTI can bring on a premature labour. If your baby survives with a low birth weight, then great, but many, many do not survive. A walk round your local hospitals SCBU will back this. Secondly in the later stages of pregnancy, when the cervix is nice and soft and begining to dilate, infection is our biggest threat. This will happen if a womans fore waters begin to break and she doesn't realise it. She may confuse it with being incontinent. If this happens then it is paramount to let your GP/midwife know and to reduce the risk of infection. You can do this by keeping clean and putting your feet up for the next 48hrs! I was told to go to the toilet regularly and drink gallons of water before being taken into hospital as soon as a bed became free. Quite how the infection can spread from the tract to the child.....I don't know! I'll leave that to the doctors. I just know that I have spent the good part of 5 years comforting bereaved parents whose loss was the result of something so simple as an infection.

Sorry I can't be more specific, but I have emailed a colleague at St Georges for her view on it. But it is illegal for an establishment with a lavatory to turn a pregant woman away if she wants to use the loo, so this backs it slightly.

26/03/07 PAID IN FULL

Your Site Needs You!

and we need this site!

no worries!

Allyxia

Thanks for passing that on, I had no idea, I wish that was more generally known.

Sorry for your loss,

{{hugs}}

Successfully claimed £620 from MBNA

Successfully claimed £350 from Natwest

Assisted other half to claim £820 from Barclays

Helped a friend claim back approx £250 from Halifax.