Tesco

Allyxia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: I bet my bottom $ that this is gona attract attention. As I cant believe Im the only person who hates tesco!

Me just aving a rant!!!

When I was pregs with my 3rd baby (now 15 weeks old) had unbeliveable cravings for strawberries would go thru 2 punnets a day.

Anyway tesco went throu a faze of have rotton mouldy ones, which due to the packaging I wouldnt notice until I got home. I live a bout 20 miles round trip to the store so its not like I could nip back.

Anyone day I took out the moudly ones and put them up on the side on the crates and replaced with unspoilt ones. Carried on with shopping. next thing I know me and my daughter who at time was 10 months old and my big bump of belly were marched throu the shop whereby by 8 (yes you heard rite)members of staff proceeded to have a go at me.

To this day Im not sure what my crime was (i was going to pay for them they were in my trolly in full view and no I hadnt eaten any).

Anyway after 2 complaint letters to head office the store manager phoned me at home (they got my number from my club card application) and proceeded to have another go at me.

Can you believe this.

I was so geared up for a major battle but then I went into labour 2 weeks later and what with a new baby have kinda lost the fight.

So I thought I would vent my anger at them here.

I still dont shop there.

Allyxia

KEEP FIGHTING FOR YOUR MONEY - EVEN WHEN IT GETS TOUGH

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

HSBC £1200 - Settled in Full

Cap 1 2 X £100 - Settled in Full

Nationwide £1641 - Settled in Full inc Default and CCJ Removed by Court Order

NatWest £2215.60- Settled in Full and Removed Default Natice

Woolwich £3690 - Settled in Full

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What was their accusation? If you were simply ensuring the produce you bought was suitable for purpose (ie no duff ones) and were prepared to pay for same at the checkout, there's no issue. If they were pursuing you as if you were switching price stickers, then that's a different problem. Can you expand a little (no punnet intended)

ha ha the amount of stick ive had with friends and family over this!!!

I duno either what they were going on about - conversation went like this (edited for space reasons)

Tesco - You opened the container?

Me - Yes its got a lid, and the food was spolied

T - Yes but its sealed container

M - No potatoes come in a sealed container (heat sealed), these had a lid, like grapes come in a bag, are you saying people are not allowed to open grape bags?

We not on about grapes we on about strawberries, people mite wana buy them and you have touched them

Wat people want to buy furry strawberries?

Thats not the point

Wat is the point?

You're not allowed to open the strawberries

Wat are you acusing me of, that they are over filled? Weigh them then?

No we not accusing you of that

Then wat? Do you expect me to buy spoiled food.

We expect you to take it to customer services.

But you said Im not allowed to open it and you cant tell if it is spoiled until you open it.

You open it when you get home, Then you need to return it to cust ser

I live a 20 mile round trip

Then shop somewhere else (says it all realy doesnt it)

And so on and so on

It was very embarrasing but wat peeves me is the responce I got when the manager phoned me

Allyxia

The Banks are somewhere which lends you an umberella when it is sunny, and takes it away when it rains

You know what, I would be inclined to pursue this and demand a reasonable explanation as to why they man handled you, & distressed you at such a late stage in your pregnancy. It is appalling that a well known store such as Tesco would behave in such a disgraceful manner. Take it all the way!

I did I wrote totheir head office twice (Ican even email you my letetr if you want the full story), but liek I said they passed it back to the store where by the deputy manager phoned me at home (after getting my number from the Clubcard application !!!!!!!!!!!!! - how dare they) and basicallyhe just had another go at me along the same thread.

When he asked what I wanted I said an apology and he well I dont think we were in the wrong etc etc.

If you see my letter you note that I took wittness address's etc etc

Allyxia

I can understand what Tesco are saying, you can't open a sealed container -health and safety etc. I can't understand their response to it, very OTT.

With produce, whenever new stock comes out the staff are always told to put it at the back. Hence some of the stuff at the front is not fresh and has been their the longest.

This would make a great story in the Daily Mail, Tesco have lost the plot a bit and that this incident boils down to that their strawberries are mouldy and poor quality.

I think there actions were quite ott. I can see them pointing out to you that containers shouldn't be opened, but surely they should have apologised for the quality of the fruit. Personally I never buy fruit and veg in Tesco as 1)too expensive,2) rubbish quality,3) the suppliers are screwed to the floor.

I'm lucky tho I live on the edge of a small town and where I am is quite rural so I shop at local farms. We also have a few good local butchers. I like our local Aldi, and we have just got a Morrisons.

The reality is all these big stores, but in particular Tesco are just out to screw as much profit out of us as possible. Just like the banks and many other big companies you have to learn non of them are on your side or interested in you.

Try martins moneysavers site loads of ways to start screwing the big guys back :). Check out the Tesco threads.

ali

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

I will. when this happended to me me I goggle I hate tesco I was sure someone would have a web page dedicated to them

Allyxia

I hate tesco too.

My reason, damned self check out.

I had a small trolley of stuff. Started scanning my items, BEEP BEEP seek assistance, lady comes over, "you have to be over 18 to buy that, are you?" i'm 29 and look older!!!!!!!

She goes away, 3 items later, BEEP BEEP seek assistance, now she's p**sing around with someone elses BEEP BEEP. She comes back to me a min or so later, manually inputs some nonsense "carry on love". Few more items and my carrier bag is full so i take it off and get another opened on that hanger thingy. BEEP BEEP damn machine thinks i'm trying to steal the 1st bag full and wants me to put it back "you can't take stuff off there love you have to put your whole trolley into 2 carrier bags"

By this time i just want to use the carrier to murder her.

I left my trolley full of stuff at the checkout and in the bags. Walked out. Not been to Tesco for about a year.

Also another point my friend's wife works for them as a customer service manager, they shop at the local market and morrisons even though they are entitled to a staff discount, I think that says it all.

Ben

Ah yes the self-checkout.

I had about 5 things to buy inlcuding a pack of batteries. Scan it, put it on the conveyor belt - wouldn't let me scan the next item keeps telling me to put the batteries on the conveyor belt which I had. The batteries are too light to be recognised by the conveyor belt so it thinks I'm trying to pocket them - if that was the case why would I scan them first?!!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

There is a knack to self scan..something which amused my mother when I used it with her last week.

Basically the conveyer needs to "feel" the item on the belt, which is difficult if you have any light goods such as yoghurt etc. The trick is to slam your item down on the belt as hard as possible. If you cant do this, take a small handful of the free leaflets by the till and slat them on the belt hard. It will then recognise that an item has hit the belt and carry on :)

My mother thought it was hilarious when I started to hammer down her shopping...

nice to know even tesco's check outs, think we are all crooks and trying to nick stuff eh!!!

Allyxia

Also another point my friend's wife works for them as a customer service manager, they shop at the local market and morrisons even though they are entitled to a staff discount, I think that says it all.

So true Ben, you wouldn't believe the number of Tesco employees I see-still in uniform, shopping at our new Morrisons :lol:.

Hubby laughed recently when he nipped in Tesco late one evening for a bottle of wine and a loaf (unfortunately Morrisons closes at 8pm :( ). As he walked out of the store he overheard an old gentlemen complaining about how much cheaper the new Morrisons were for some basic items and asking if they could do some kind of price match. The Manager had obviously been arguing for a while as just when hubby went past he practically shouted at the old man "look we just can't compete with morrisons on price, if you don't like it shop there".

Typical Tesco cust service eh lol.

ali

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Tesco took over our local convenience store and it's been downhill ever since. They don't stock their own brands, for example Tesco tonic water is 30p but they only stock Schweppes which is three times the price. They don't deliver newspapers, unlike the previous owners, which is a pain for me but even worse for the elderly. They don't stock organic eggs, claiming there isn't the space, yet the aisles are always crammed full of rubbish celebrating Christmas/Easter/Halloween etc or else one of their self created retail seasons such as 'Back To School'.

They're out of control, and there's a growning campaign against them, see:

Friends of the Earth: Friends of the Earth: Campaigns: Real Food: Press for change: Stop the Tesco takeover

as well as Google "Stop Tesco" for local campaigns, and Google "Every Little Hurts".

I have 1 word for Tesco:

Yes that is one word repeated several times lol. I had the unfortunate privelege of having my card cloned whilst using a cash machine at our local Tesco, traced it back and confronted the store and the manager shrugged his shoulders and walked away.....

Went to HO and got the we dont care we make £4 billion profit a year so ner ner ner from them.

That incensed me so went to all the media I was on BBC and ITV at the same time and was also asked to do GMTV but sadly that one got pulled :'( I took great delight in rubbing Tesco's nose in it and it made me feel a lot better mwaahaahahahahahahahahaa

I said on TV why cant they put a picture of what the ATM should look like and if it doesnt look like this then dont use it? or at the very least make sure all 3 ATMs on site are identical so you can look at another one for reference, funnily enough Tesco declined to answer the question on TV ;)

The local ex one stop is totally crap now we went there for washing up liquid last night not one bottle in the store and they stock 3 different types...

How difficult is it to have a stock control system that knows what the shelf holds say 3 cases with 24 bottles to a case and flag an alert up to the manager when you've sold say 50% of them? It's not hard ASDA were doing that when I worked there 13 years ago and things have moved on a lot since then ffs......

Has anyone else noticed that you can buy things online that you cannot buy in the store that your online shopping comes from?

For example you cannot buy Clotted cream from Blue Boar Lane Norwich Tesco it's not on the shelf as there's no place for it (looked VERY carefully) and asked several members of staff including a section manager to be told no we stopped selling it..... Stopped selling Clotted cream but they still sell 12 varieties of bloody Creme Fraiche??? bloody idiots!!

Golden Kiwi's thats another one used to be on the shop floor as we bought them now not to be seen

Yet what turned up no probs with our online order? You guessed it Golden Kiwi's and Clotted cream (with all butter scones and strawberry jam - well I had to ok? lol) surely keeping stuff back for online customers is wrong??

Does anyone else object to the horrendous amount of carrier bags the online delivery option uses? I kid you not nearly every single individual item was in its own carrier bag this week.

If we were in the store we would maybe come away with 5/6 bags we had over 20 this time and only £52 of shopping for God's sake, grrrrrrr I know they recycle them and you can give them back the next time but its better to not use them in the first place recycling them is all well and good but still releases a lot of CO2 in doing so all it prevents is them going into landfill they make me so cross why cant they just stick it straight into the boxes they use????

Rant over ;) hehehe

I knew this thread would attract attention as I cant be the only one who hates Tesco.

And another thing.......

Shop floor jar baby food 54p in the cafe 98p, why??????

And no its not what you are thinking!!!!! (VAT for Hot food etc etc)

No they cant heat it because its in a sealed container!!!!!!!

Yessssss that whats they told me!!!!!! so I hope you all like your eggs with the shell and paper box on, and your beans done in the tin and dont get me started on your plastic coated saucages and thats just for breakfast.

Allyxia

and why do they think its acceptable to dump all their cages in the middle of aisle in the shop floor blocking access - my partner gives them a shove and has on many occassions knocked displays over PMSL!

and if I want to shop around midnight I have to server myself? so where's my discount now that Tesco are saving £5.30 per hour per staff member that they don't need on, grrrrrrrr

I boycott it now (well my Hubby wont let us go there) but hey what Can lita old me do eh! what do trhey care if I dont shop there!

I wanted to go on tv like the other Poster above, I had vison of chaining myself to their railing!!!!

Allyxia

I'm sure you've seen my "Laptop Faulty, Tesco Wont Act" thread :rolleyes: .

TBH they are getting worse.

They told me that Tesco policy meant that nothing could be done without a reciept. I asked them to write it down and they asked why, I told him that the comment was unlawful and that I'd be having his job :D . "Sorry sir, its not Tesco's policy for staff to write down statments" :rolleyes: .

But to be fair, if you opened the strwaberries andslipped some poisen into them, and put them back and someone else bought them and fell ill. The CCTV of you being seen opening them in front of staff without being stopped would certainly secure a nice payout from the courts.... ;-)

Before you take any legal action, please read through the

FAQ's, then if you dont understand something, please ask for advice ;) .

If theres a thread in which you think I could help, please PM me using the Private Messaging facility in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Advice & opinions of tom3131, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you ha

No I open myown pack and took the mucky ones out then popped them into my trolly. (The good ones not the mucky ones)

if that is the case they should heat seal the lids after all people open and handle the grapes all the time in their litle resealable bags!!!!

Allyxia

Guest strangewayofsavin

It's not just the consumer that has had it with tesco, I deliver the national newspapers to a Tesco store, the staff are so arrogant, the newspapers are sold on a sale or return basis, and in the agreement with all shops is, that all returned papers and magazines, need to be tied securely, individualy marked and put out in the agreed place on the agreed date, or they will not be credited to the account. However Tesco seem to do as they please, and when told they will not be credited for their returns, they threaten to stop selling newspapers and mags nation wide, so the company I am working for back down and let them get away with it. Aparrently they treat the bread, and milk delivery people the same.:-x

• 2 months later...

If you want to **** tesco off. Put bags of potatos in the freezers! You'd be surprised how many people do it. I used to be a section manager at my local tesco. 11% of all people they banned from the store were do to putting un frozen goods into freezers. Potatoes were the ones that ****ed them off the most. I used to find it hilarious.

Some sick things that happened in my local one not long ago while i was working there:

A 12 inch bread knife found in a loaf of tesco un-cut bread. Nothing was ever done about it.

Sewage running from the toilets through the bakery floor. Trading standards, health people etc all came in to chekc it out. They continued making and selling in the bakery for the 48 hours the sewage was running through. They were told to stop, however they didnt and in the end trading standards gave up with them and issued nothing about ti whatsoever.

They are so big they get away with anything. It and they sicken me!

Halifax - Amount: £1093 and rising.

Prelim letter sent - 1st November.

Phone call made regarding

a different topic but i followed

up the prelim while on the phone - 8th November.

Phone call received with offer - 8th November.

I hate Tesco. I live facing a very large Tesco Extra store, I even worked there when it first opened.

My biggest gripe with them is the home shopping trolleys, the staff that push them around are so rude they just ram the things in to you.

I went in with my 4 year old grandson, they rammed us twice, an old lady got her hand squashed with one & another lady with a tiny tot was bumped, when you complain they do nothing, they don't care, they are making money so what does a few complaining customers matter.

I worked on customer service when i was there a few years ago & we treated the customer with respect but now they stick together & won't listen when you complain, one lass that still works there told me the biggest & most complained about is the home shopping staff.

As for opening the punnet of strawberries, I do the same with eggs & I swap them round if one or 2 are broken, I am doing the store a favor & so was you. If you hadn't swapped them round they would have had to either reduce the punnet or throw the whole punnet away, you were saving them a job cause i bet the staff have to sort through them as Tesco are that tight they would want to sell every last one. As for handling the food which is what it sound like they are getting at, do we not have to handle the apples, pears & other fruits, they are just being pathetic.

Like I said I live facing Tesco but I go into town now & buy from the market & also go to Sainburys which is 5 miles away for any bits I need , I am sick of Tesco thinking they can rule everything.:-x