OTELO offer to resolve a complaint against Post Office Telecom (homephone)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Will make this very brief.

Ordered a land line from Post Office April 2010. Engineer connected service at wrong property in same street. Made numerous calls spread over a week to customer service trying to get an engineer back out to install exchange line and socket at my property but each time every agent insisted the service was up and running. Decided to cancel my order as I felt I was not getting anywhere.

Six months later I receive a bill for 6 months line rental. Disputed it and was informed the account closed and to ignore any further bills. As expected I received red reminder but to my surprise I then get a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collecting Agency and a few phone calls from them, followed by a final leer that litigation will commence.

OTELO have offered a resolution as follows:

£30 goodwill gesture

letter of apology

account to be closed

confirmation that my credit file will not be effected by this matter

Is this level of compensation acceptable?

Should I contact The Information Commissioners office and report Post Office for sharing my details with Roxburghe without my consent?

It's gonna be hard to press for more than Otelo have promised IMO. Personally, take the 30 quid and move on.

Here is some food for thaught

Do I have to accept the resolution that the ombudsman has offered in the final decision ? No.

If you're unhappy with the resolution the Ombudsman provides it is up to you to decide whether you are satisfied with the ombudsman’s final decision.

You have two months to decide, if you're unsure about accepting our decision you could contact an organisation such as Citizens Advice or Consumer Direct for further free independent advice.

What happens if I accept the ombudsman's final decision ?

The company has agreed that it will keep to the decision and take the action that the ombudsman has asked for.

The company then has 28 days to complete this. We will continue to contact the company until we are satisfied that the resolution set out in the final decision has been completed.

What happens if I reject the ombudsman's final decision or do not accept within two months?

You will lose the right to the solution that the ombudsman has offered. However, you will be free to follow other routes to try to sort out the problem in a way that suits you better.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

@LOCUTUS Thanks for your input and sharing our food for thought. I was already aware of the the information you shared as I ALWAYS do my research and OTELO had sent me in the post a handy leaflet of the process involved.

UPDATE I decided not to accept Post Office offer of £30 is both derisory and open to interpretation as an inducement to go away. This was an offer made by the post office to the ombudsman. In sum, a great deal of time, energy, stress, financial costs making phone calls to their customer service 0845 number, writing letter via recorded delivery and in prosecuting a complaint. Subsequently my broadband provider charged me £15 by fault of Post Office.

Post Office Telecom engaged in holding, administrating, processing and sharing my personal data to Roxburghe Debt Collectors without my consent. This was ahead of acknowledging my letter of complaint. Consequently I have received unnecessary calls to my mobile followed by letters threatening litigation and court decree from Roxburghe

I will follow with another update once I hear back from OTELO

I wish you all the best, good to hear you've done your research. Sounds like you have all in hand, and we would always walcome an update as many people do post for advice and don't let us know the resolution.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar