king100

Egg Waste of time and utterly useless

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3168 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Good Morning

Where do I start with these bunch of fools.

My father had a stroke back in March 2009, a pretty severve one. He has an egg savings account that we had internet access for. I deal with his banking and all bills. Everyone is fine, they go through security ask the usual questions and then he tells me to deal with it.

Everyone apart from EGG.

I have spent the last 3 months trying to gain access to his account. We 1st called up and wanted to reset his account online.

These are the questions that they asked him.

Name

Postcode

Address

What product do you have with us?

Account No of that product?

What did you name it?

Name of bank you paid us from including account no and sort code?

What is your balance?

When did you open up the account? Must be specific date?

How much did you transfer into the account when you opened it up?

Everytime you speak to them they say

Can you be overheard, I cannot speak to your son.

Why Egg, why do you make it so hard.

You sent us numerous letters to reset, we sent them back. You said you didnt receive them, we sent them back again. You emailed me and said password was reset we tried logging on it didnt work.

We called back

"Oh sorry we cannot reset your password you must call us between 9 and 5 and speak to another department.

Why are you being so painful?

Dont quote me its standard policy, we will soon find out what your standard policy is when you receive my letter asking for your policy on dealing with disabled people, who are struggling to read and write after a stroke. No I dont have power of attorney, by dad can still talk and make decisions, he just cant remember certain details and cannot read them if they were infront of him.

Egg my opinion of your company has sunk to the lowest form of plankton, I will be removing my fathers money from your shower of **** company.

You may not miss the 20k that he has there but I will deter people from using your company, you are utterly usless.

My respect to people who post regularly and help people out on here. Without your help alot of wrongs would have been committed.

Hi king

I agree that Egg are dreadful; it's almost like they don't want people to withdraw savings.

Someone may be able to advise re specific issue.

You might, more broadly, consider a Lasting Power of Attorney for the long run; it is quite straightforward given that your dad is well enough to confirm his wishes. See: http://www.publicguardian.gov.uk/forms/Making-an-LPA.htm

love

vic