m.bentley v abbey

m.bentley
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

this morning I recieved my Notice of Change of Solicitor, on the bottom is a telephone number of Abbey at Triton Square 020 7756 4398/4306 it appears to be the number to contact Tom Cummings. I decided to phone and see how things where moving ect, as my A Q form is to be submitted on Weds. Tom said he would look at my file and get back to me.Sure enough at teatime he e-mailed me saying Abbey had accepted my counter offer as full and final payment.:D :D :-) He is posting the letter out to me but the copy on e-mail states it is a Without Prejudice offer and without any addmission of legal liability by Abbey.He states that once they recieve the signed accecptance letter a cheque will be paid into my account within fourteen days.He also asks for me to notify the court that the claim is settled.

:?: Questions.:confused:

1. Is it ok to sign and return this letter,I am happy with the offer.

2. Should I notify the court now or after I have the money in my account.

3. Do I still send the A Q form into the courts on Weds.

Just a little wary of Abbey and there little tricks.

Oh Well done!!!!!

Ring the court and ask for a stay of 3 weeks before you have to put in your AQ, so that Abbey have time to sort it, it usually now takes about 10 days, tell them you have settled and just want to make sure that you get cleared funds before cancelling the action, and make sure that the court give you a stay on putting your AQ in, and if you are happy sign away just make sure that it is in full and final settlement of THIS claim.

Once again Congratulations

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Thanks Lula. and a big THANKYOU to everybody on this site for the fantastic help and information, in my pursuit of MY money unlawfully taken from me. A donation will follow on reciept of my money.

THANKS AGAIN ALL.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

this morning I spoke with the court to ask for a stay.They where a little confused,I explained the situation with them, Abbey have agreed to settle to save further costs, she said I still need to hand my AQ in and pay the £100:confused: .

I then rang Moneyclaim and got some much better advice.:) You need form N244 (which you can download of there site),fill this in asking for an extension to the response time and give reasons why i.e. they want to settle you want to give them time to give you the cleared funds.Now the bad part:mad: it costs you £35 to ask for this. Anyway I have e-mailed Tom at Abbey and agreed to the settlement but asked him to add onto my claim the extra £35:rolleyes: ,and also given him a deadline of 6th Nov to get the funds in and cleared. I now sit and wait with baited breathe;) .