Private parking complex, no permit but letter (paid for): LDK security + ethical debt recovery.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

bit of an issue going on here... (as i'm sure most posts are).

lets start with this parking problems....

got a letter through in mid December from LDK security group ltd saying that due to a failure to dispute i would be fined £140... (this is the first instance of the problems! no pre-warning... nothing).. this has developed into a letter from "ethical debt recovery" for money.

my car is currently parked up and declared sorn in a private parking complex in the space that is provided with my girlfriends flat. (has been since september)

We were given a letter from the estate agency stating that we should be receiving a permit and that this letter was to be placed in window of car. the letter is headed by the estate agents, gives address of flat AND WAS PLACED IN WINDOW.

now regarding the state of my car being parked there...

• there is no signs on entry to car park that you need a permit or else fine...
  • i have still not received a permit regardless of countless emails to estate agents.
  • the car is registered to the SAME address as the parking place
  • the car does not cross into other parking places, is declared sorn (but doesnt matter anyway because its private property), is not leaking any fluids etc...

regarding the ticket...

• there was no parking ticket notice attached to the car or any evidence of one
  • i never received a letter of notification of fine " at the reduced rate"
  • i received the "second" (first letter/notification i received) letter of notification of the fine now being £140 and right to appeal within seven days AFTER the deadline for the seven day period and this was a "complaints to be in writing to this postal address"
  • i sent letter complaining stating my position and theirs.... no reply (as of yet but judging by next point doubt i will get a reply)
  • i received a letter from "ethical debt recovery" for a "no permit" contravention stating the commencement of recovery procedures..
  • i called the debt people to state that it was in dispute ... she didnt give a p!$$ (why would she... as she put it "its not my problem"), i said it was illegal and they said take it up with LDK ... whos phones evidently dont f'in work!!!!!!

now i write here....

its my partners flat and i would rather that no bad debt credit come to her or me....

i would also try to avoid any hastle that will come to her from this...

just what leg do they have to stand on?

what do i have to stand on?

what will happen about debt collectors? (i did call... just read thats a bad idea!) are they legal to pursue? i did tell them that i was disputing and they gave me a number to call... that doesnt work!??

how do i sort this out? (im guessing it will be ignore ... but these are different circumstances? )

should i counter file against them for harassment?? (i remember that there is a law against falsely claiming money form someone?? maybe this will get them to bugger off)

anyone else had LDK skip notification, ignore dispute and go for the throat?

thanks for any help

kiel

how do i sort this out? (im guessing it will be ignore ... but these are different circumstances? )

Yes ignore from now on,

should i counter file against them for harassment??
Why spend time, energy and money when all you have to do is laugh at their threat-o-grams. You have everything on your side, the car is sorned on private property in your allocated bay where there is no signage with agents letter and ignored emails requesting permit. Your credit rating will not be affected in any way

thanks.

i told the lady pn phone this morning it was like a cowboy group... surprised they allow this sort of practice... joys of a capitalist and money driven society!!!! lol.

think the estate agents are going to get a biblical level of complaint from us now... they are utterly pants...