BG charged us 3 times - incorrectly - now want paying - sent solicitors letter already?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We called out British Gas on 6th December using our service agreement for a fault with our hot water. We have called them out three years running for the same fault, it turns out they have been replacing a valve and charging us a call out of £50 each year when all they needed to do was change the setting for frost proofing on the boiler (this overrides the valve so that it doesn't switch the heating off to avoid freezing of the pipes).

We received an invoice but emailed them, saying we're not prepared to pay as they should have sorted this three years ago when we first called them out, instead of repeatedly replacing a valve that had nothing wrong with it!

They have sent a red reminder, saying if we don't pay within seven days they will pass our account for recovery action. That letter was dated 5th January 2011. Now we have received a letter from solicitors dated 11th January 2011 (NOT seven days, then!), saying we have to pay or they will commence court proceedings against us to obtain a county court judgement for the value of the debt.

I'm fairly sure they are doing something wrong here.

I have emailed the complaints office, asking them to put this on hold while it is looked into but I would like to make them aware that I know my rights, however, not sure who I can complain to.

Grateful for any advice.

I know it's only £50 but we've been out of work until this weekend so every penny is important at the moment.

Thank you very much.

Edited by wilchil64

moved to utils forum

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Did you bring this up before with BGS?

I know the C/relations is very busy....

Call 0800365100, with your homecare number and invoice number, and advise you would like to dispute the invoive, they will place it with the disputes teams to look at.