MBNA CCJ/CO (Rest K) - sold to Marlin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Cad!

Thanks for that! Was going to send them an email as i really don't want to talk to them so will send em a PO with reference number etc etc and a quick note with an explanation on it! How's that sound?

Bil..

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

just had a letter from Restons threatening me to fill out an I&E form etc etc and if i dont send by 17th this month they may cancel my agreement

( wonder if the court will mind as its part of the ccj payment they set) and instigate legal/ and or recovery process!

ow can i ignore the sods as its a court ordered payment?

or can i just send em a snobby letter back pointing out the obvious?

Any thoughts please!

And just checking! are they legally entitled to an I@E form or is it just the court that can ask for it please? Just checking before i write them a nice snotty letter on Monday!

Regards.

Hi Cad! Hope your well? Yeah i get same sort of thing from optima... But this one from Rectums states if i dont reply by 17th then they will cancel agreement and seek the usual court baliff etc etc...

The court have set the amount to pay.

As long as you keep to that, there is no chance of bailiffs or any other enforcement. If they wish to increase the amount.

They need to apply to the court. Just tactics to increase payment.

I wouldn't worry mate

Cheers Cad! So i dont need to bother with a letter for them then? Cos i really cant be bothered writing to them, but would like to point out that ive never missed a payment and its a court order etc etc!

Thanks as always Cad"

Did you reclaim everything you could to help off set this???

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

"Dear Pestons,

I currently pay as per the court's order, and have complied with that order scrupulously.

You have requested a further I&E form from me.

I am aware only the court can order this or amend the current order I pay under.

I was considering seeking an order from the court to reduce my payments due to a deterioration in my financial situation but I was concerned about finding the funds to pay for such an application.

If Pestons are suggesting they will fund such an application (for me to produce an I&E for the court, and the court to consider amending the order under which I currently pay), that would certainly avoid me having to find the funds for such an application 'up front'.

Please let me know if you decide to go ahead with your offer of funding such an application."

• 3 years later...

Afternoon Chaps!

Been a long time,

had an old MBNA debt (ccj and co from them.)

Optima had sold the debt on to MEIII and were adding interest to the credit card debt etc etc

they have never ever sent any statement of account,

never informed me they were going to charge it etc etc.

now optima are passing it all on to mortimer clarke...

i now have three different letters with three different amounts owed!!!

The last one from Optima was roughly where the amount should be after paying all these years!

Now MeIII shows it at £6.5k more than Optima,

yet last year they sent me a ie form showing a balance of even more than MEIII!!!!

Confused i certainly am?

So question is which one am i entitled to believe?

Regards..

Bil.

• dx100uk changed the title to MBNA CCJ/CO - sold to Marlin

to stop everyone scanning all 500+ posts and 22 pages...

The OP got a claimform from MBNA which they returned form 9 admitting the debt and offering £20PCM

MBNA latterly went for a CO , which is only a restriction K, on a jointly owed home, which changed nothing.

debt with CCJ/CO was sold to Marlins.

optima legal to date have always been the payment receivers, even after sale.

looks like Marlin have moved to Restons.

pers

i'd get an SAR off to MBNA

SAR to Marlins

SAR to optima legal.

lets get all the paperwork and see who is lying about the balance

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Lol. Yes I remember seeing this as an original.

No interest permitted on a CCA debt like this

Unless it is under the courts act, post initialising proceedings. section 69 county courts act.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 5 months later...

Good Morning Everyone!

Been a little while, but would if possible like some advice?

Have thread long time in running ( it's here somewhere i believe?)

old MBNA debt passed on to MEIII from Optima ( vast difference in amounts owed, last from Optima was 17.6k they were adding interest when they shouldn't have) Sold to MEIII for 15.7K.. i knew the amount was smaller as i've been paying £20 a month towards this debt via court order etc. etc. 

just had a letter from Mortimer (with finally the correct amount 9K.). It acknowledges that i'm continuing to pay my debt off, but would like me to pay by instalments of £120 per month to clear debt off sooner! Now there's no way i can afford that amount, i can't even afford an extra £1. So they've asked me to get in touch to arrange my new plan?

My question is

can i file this with the rest of the old letters from all the old DCA's or politely remind them i'm paying via court order?

Oh! And can i safely ignore this rubbish? And just carry on paying as i've never missed a payment to all 4 of my creditors!

Thanks in advance to all you kind people

Bill.

If you have been paying as per this for a long time - Then I think there are some rules that stop companies from forcing you to pay a higher amount. 

Id have to check the FCA CONC Sourcebook but currently just continue paying accordingly is the advice I would offer. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for that, have been paying all 4 creditors the same amount for 10 yrs now! each get £20 per month as that is all that's left after the end of month i literally have no money left!

I hope as per usual its a DCA trying it on to get more money?

It sort of makes me laugh when it starts thank you for continued payments we want you to pay only what you can afford! then invite me to call and pay six times more than i can afford???

Love them!

Gotta fund the Summer Party somehow... Have you been to a company doo like this? I have... Its not pretty.

It gets messy and the people who pay are you! :(

On a serious note. I think that £20 is way too much... If you are pushing yourself... Reduce it to £10 a month or even £1 a month. 

Other people might say different - Id listen out for other advice, just adding mine. 

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• dx100uk changed the title to MBNA CCJ/CO (Rest K) - sold to Marlin
On 30/08/2020 at 12:15, dx100uk said:

to stop everyone scanning all 500+ posts and 22 pages...

The OP got a claimform from MBNA which they returned form 9 admitting the debt and offering £20PCM

MBNA latterly went for a CO , which is only a restriction K, on a jointly owed home, which changed nothing.

debt with CCJ/CO was sold to Marlins.

optima legal to date have always been the payment receivers, even after sale.

looks like Marlin have moved to Restons.

you keep paying what the court ordered and ignore them.

nice they've eventually got the figure right...

and they