MBNA CCJ/CO (Rest K) - sold to Marlin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Biilious

Nothing happens with the forthwith if they have accepted you payment proposals...but I hope you asked for it in writing...you may need it if they try to enforce it.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Andy! Thanks for that! For once i spoke to a fairly decent chap on their legal side who said they'd accepted my payments and not to worry about the forthwith ( yeah right.) but have it in writing that they've accepted my installment plan!

So i take it i'm ok? And if they try to enforce it i have their little letter confirming it?

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Back yet again!

Just had a letter from my friends at Optima! Telling me my account up for review etc etc carry on payments blah blah!

Anyway my original debt was for about 11k it is now up to 13.5k they are adding post judgment interest i know they have their restriction on my half are they allowed to add this interest as well? because in ten years the amount will be more than double!!!

Never had any statements of account etc etc

Just really upset at the mo! Are they allowed to do this and if not can i have some help with a very snobby letter back to them etc etc

Thanks in advance yet again chaps!

What does it say about interest in the judgment ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

will have to dig it out andy i remember it refers to my payments by installments from the previous ccj etc etc which they objected too so they could go for the restriction!

Have got the interim one but that'll different from the other judgment?

Anyway not worth stressing over it till i can dig out the Restriction on monday!!!

However if they are allowed to add post interest how on earth can i get the court to stop it? There's me thinking i would make a slow inroad to clear it all off but i'll end up owing 50k on an 11k debt, not a bad return there eh?

And the other thing is, i had a letter saying they'd sold this on to Marlin a little while back had letters from them saying carry on payments as they are etc etc?

Thanks again for any help!

Edited by bilious

I do not know what your creditors requested when the applied for the CCJ nor what the judgement is.

In order to apply 'contractual interest' (post judgement) your orginal credit agreement must have had a clause in it stating that this would be done in the event of a CCJ.

In order for them to continue to 'collect' this money your creditor must send you a statement showing ALL transactions, every 6 montsh. They cannot wait for 3 years, then send you a statement for the whole 3 years.

My opinion is that for a consumer debt it is extremely unusual for an application for contractual, post judgement to be awarded.

There is some extremely good information to be found on this website:-

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=18_interest_charges_on_a_consumer_credit_judgment

Thanks Duff! As i've said will post my judgment up tomorrow sometime with a bit of luck so you chaps can take a look at it? They've never sent me any statements what so-ever! This was just one of their usual threats and income and expenses! With a total at the start and what is owed now and there's nearly 2.5k added to it?

They've never informed me at all they were going to put interest on this judgment! And do they then have to collect this separately after i've paid off my original claim and if they do, don't they have to take me back to court to to this?

Thanks!

So, they've never sent you any statements eh? Then they cannot collect. In fact what they are doing is harassing / threatening you. You could do worse than send them a letter, recorded signed for etc, requesting a copy of their complaints procedure, then use it. Your complaint is that they are harassing you by sending requests for money that you do not owe, after all the t&cs are now detailed in the CCJ. The CCJ is now 'the contract'. When they do nothing you can then report them to the ombudsman, it will cost them and admin fee and give you a warm feeling for a few days :cool:

If as I expect no interest was included on the judgement, then yes they would have to go for a second CCJ for the interest; but they have to prove the debt and so far there is no interest as you have not received any statements. So two big advantages to you. :boxing::boxing:

Bilious The exact same thing has happened to me. They sold the debt on. Had an letter offering to reduce the balance if paid off then a letter stating it is up for review. Again both letters had a different amount on and neither added up to what I now actually owe but alot more.

I don't think these muppets really know what they are doing. I have also never had any statements since the ccj was awarded a couple of years ago.

I have put it to one side for now as I have a few other fights on my hands at the moment which have to take priority but I will be writing to the to find out exactly where they got their figures from.

Oh and no interest was included in my judgement and no mention of any on the POC so I would think there wasn't on your either as it was around the same time.

Hi Gem yep exactly the same thing here i&e form ( get stuffed! Court already has that!) Then offer to clear in 7 days rightyho!!! All it mentions in the original judgment is interest up to date of judgment etc etc will dig out the other one after that and see, but same as you i really don't think there was anything on there for the restriction.. One of the only docs i didn't scan lol but will upload both tomorrow..

Sorry i should say have a couple of letters from them when i paid by postal order that amount was reducing for 3mnths then they finally gave me their bank details for a standing order, then the only communication have been roughly six to nine months for and income and expenses etc etc nothing else!!

And poc only mentions interest up till the date of claim?

Edited by bilious

Look closeley at the judgement again billious (towards the bottom box) It may state that if the judgment is over 5 K then there may be further interest applied subject to the T&Cs of the agreement :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Here's the original judgment before they contested and went for the restriction which i will find and post up tomorrow!!! Hope this'll help slightly?

And here's the final CO hope this helps! And please give me some hopefully good news?

And i have all the photocopied t&c's that they sent me which i can also post up for you i can't seem to find that anywhere but another pair of eyes etc etc!

Thanks in advance chaps!

final charging order.pdf judgement for claimant.pdf

My POC did not mention anything about section 69 therefore I was advised that they could not suddenly start charging interest.

This was for MBNA and optima. I was lucky they completely cocked up the application for a CO on 2 occasions so the DJ told them where to go.

Well its on there (15/10) as I advised but its not referred to in their PoC so it could be challenged.

In the box at the bottom? i think that's on every single one is it not? But if it's not in the poc surely i can challenge it, otherwise by the time i've paid off the original amount they will then be expecting a further 45k at the rate they are charging now?

Yes it is it standard Judgment stationery which is applicable to any debt over 5K (ATM)...you need to start researching Post Judgment interest then.

Yep had a quick look at a link one of the guys put up and it says they have to inform me in writing that they are going to do this and that they have to send statements of account etc etc and i have had none of this from them?

But it seems to me they can do whatever they like and get away with it did everything right with my case and still ended up being rolled over by them..

sorry to rant very upset at this now...

I scanned your entire post this afternoon, a lot of water under the bridge and maybe also process that has not been properly applied.

OK we are where we are

You have a CCJ for a debt that has been sold a couple of times - no matter the CCJ ibinds alny debt owner

The CCJ did not specify a monthly payment amount, the origiinal Judge left it to you and the original creditor to agree this seems to have been done and £20 per month was agreed verballly

it would be good if you had this in writing

The CCG on the application of a creditor was then secured on your half of your property

A 'redetermination' somehow at the CO stage ordered a forthwith payment. The CO also seems to have included 'any interest'

Your creditors have not sent you any statements, as they are supposed to, clearly showing all transactions against this account (CCJ)

I can see three possible courses of action

1) try to unravel the courts/Judges 'wrong process' and the consequent decisions

I would call in another more legally experienced CAGGER to comment/ argue this action

2) You could apply to the court (your local one) for a redetermination. This would require you to provide the court with an I&E. Clever use of words could also in the hearing lay bare the interest being charged and the fact you've had no statements

This could be risky, you would get a Judge ordered monthly payment but they may get the interest from the point of this redetermination. IMHO your original credit agreemnt would not support you here as it now superceded by the CCJ.

3) You could negotiate in writing of course, with the creditor for a monthly payment. Don't cut your nose off to spite your face, you are after a written acceptance of a monthly payment. DO not mention interest or amounts owing. let them keep digging this particular hole.