MBNA CCJ/CO (Rest K) - sold to Marlin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there!!

Have been on the Hardship program with mbna, fell behind on payments etc... survived all the nonsense calls i used to get sent them the letters only template etc, still get the occasional call straight to answer phone.. ( they must not like me lol..) anyway they've sent me the we're going to default you etc notice 28 days blah blah ( which is quite funny as they sent a DN back in April:rolleyes: i think..) will get the jpg up for someone to look at to see if it's invalid etc... And today i have sent off the CCA request, should've done i ages ago i know, but have been having a separate war with hsbc... Just wondered what my next move is?

Thanks in advance...

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cca request first then bang in a subject access request and get all the info.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks PF will wait and see what the cca brings before i waste a tenner lol, my biggest stumbling block so-to-speak is that the card is only 3 or 4 yrs old, but you never know... If they can't find it etc can i then put the account into dispute? Or can they enforce it no matter?

Thanks...

Seems mbna really want me to pick up the phone now, as they seem to be using mobile numbers in the hope i'll pick up. which i won't, if i don't know the number. and have left messages to get in touch to resolve etc etc... Any ideas please? before they issue a dn against me, which they've already done 3 months ago....

• 2 weeks later...

Well smack on time the cca stuff came in the post this morning ( oh well i thought. Worth a try!!!) Anyway opened the letter from (virgin.) mbna and well a load of old well you know what.... all blank forms, latest t&c's plus a couple of statements nothing with my signature on it etc etc, will get then loaded up to photobucket tomorrow for you good people to look at, and hopefully advise me on my next move... So what should i do next with regards to this laughable cca they've sent me? At least hsbc made an effort, when i asked for theirs albeit four days late lol

Right have finally got around to uploading the stuff they've sent me minus a statement and new t&c's if you need em just ask and i'll put em up the only signature on these is a scrawl on the statement and it is a scrawl... Please let me know about this cca, as i think personally it a load of cobblers but well your advice is always appreciated.... Thanks in advance peeps!!!

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnaccacover.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/Mbnacca1.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/Mbnacca1rvse.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca2.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca2rvse.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca3.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca4.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca4rvse.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca5.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca6.jpg

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbna%20stuff/mbnacca6rvse.jpg

Please let me know what my next course of action will be after viewing this please... As i've said i've deleted my personal info but have not edited any sigs as they were all blank...

• 2 weeks later...

Have just had this through the door can someone please please comment and help me on this thanks so much!!!

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbnadn.jpg

Seems they can't be bothered to stick to our severe hardship agreement, am sure they've already issued me with a dn but not sure where i've put it...

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae289/tuvelpit69/mbnadn.jpg

Seems they can't be bothered to stick to our severe hardship agreement, am sure they've already issued me with a dn but not sure where i've put it...

Hi Bilious,

As they have already defaulted you then its not going to matter really, the earlier default should be what shows on your credit file and should remain with the same date.

If you fell behind on the hardship program then they will probably sell you on to an external DCA or at least assign it out, esp if your not talking to them. As for the CCA, after Carey their repsonse will suffice although I'd argue about the sending ALL variations rather than just an updated terms but its one a judge would have to decide. Chances are as its so recent its going to be enforceable.

You could write back stating the agreement you have been sent doesnt contain your signature, I think the template is on here although I've no idea how to find it now the site has changed so much :-(

Sorry not much help

S.

Thanks for that have not fallen behind on the hardship at all, have payed on the dot every month! But they now seem hell bent on going this way... Only reason i stopped talking to them was because all they wanted was more and more money that i couldn't afford? have asked for everything to be in writing but they seem to ignore it? Oh! And the cca they sent me through wasn't what i signed it was one of the 0% jobbies sent through the post? Don't know if that helps?

Edited by bilious

Thanks for that have not fallen behind on the hardship at all, have payed on the dot every month! But they now seem hell bent on going this way... Only reason i stopped talking to them was because all they wantes was more and more money that i couldn't afford? have asked for everything to be in writing but they seem to ignore it? Oh! And the cca they sent me through wasn't what i signed it was one of the 0% jobbies sent through the post? Don't know if that helps?

Ah sorry, misunderstood the posting, if you have it in writing that the agreement is x number of pounds a month then just stick to it, they will ALWAYS attempt to get you to raise if by ringing and harassing but so long as you keep to the agreement.....you'll have to ignore the phone calls or save up and buy the expensive but fantastic truecall device.

If it was by phone then I would request a SAR from them which asks specifically for all recordings of phone calls.

As to the default, they will default you if they put you on their hardship scheme, its their way of punishing you !

S.

Oh and if you do have the agreement of payments in writing then write a formal complaint to them stating you are keeping to it by making payments and for them to only contact you in writing if there is something important to advise of... and if they cant keep to this you will make a complaint to the FOS.

If they dont take any notice of it, complain to the FOS and get them a £450 investigation charge :roll:

S.

Me or mbna? Lol anyway how do i flag this for a site mod babybear? and if it is enforceable what am i looking at? If it does go to court will i only then pay what i can afford? And yes i have property but it's shared ownership so their going to be stuffed down that route!!!

Thank you babybear, no problems about that i know your a busy bee! Find it strange they've sent me an online cca version when i filled in one of their 0% transfer thingymabob that came through the post, any reason for that? cos none of the boxes are ticked either on mine unlike others i've seen?

Have been unable to access your links. I get message that page is unavailable :(

I find it strange that they have sent you a further default notice if you have been sticking to the payment plan. Unless of course the original default notice was incorrect. Unless they terminate the account then they can send as many dns as they want.

It would be foolish of you to make any further contact by phone. It is your legal right to have all communication in writing, this to better protect yourself in the event that litigation is started.

It would be in your own interests to invest £10.00 in a SAR that way you will have all the information you require just in case they do take the final step.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizen b strange for some reason the first link wont show but it is there! i'm sure they have already sent me a dn but will have to try and find it!!! As i've said they seem to have sent me the online app cca, when i know i filled in a 0% transfer form through the post with my signature on it does that make a difference? What's the worst case here? court jobbie and i pay only what i can afford?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Oh and what about the DN that they've sent me is it a valid one?

Edited by bilious

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a nice letter from mbna threatening the usual if you don't contact us in 14 we 'may' etc bankrupt you , take your house ,charging order attachment of earning bailiffs etc.. Any ideas?

Can someone please comment on what i should do next as they seem to be threatening the legal action route please!!!

I would think that a SAR would be a very good thing! A tick box on an online application suffice as you signature, wonder whether "forging" your signature with a tick box will means a forged signature? If you never applied online and they said you did could have serious consequences IMHO. If you do a SAR and they send a signed one, then it is even more compelling!

Should it go to court then the judge will look at what happened before. Seeing that you agreed on a payment and you are sticking to it, surely that would not look good!

if it is all you can afford, then a judge will not force you to pay more, what is the point in them taking you to court then? Surely they know that and all this is probable only tactics to try to get more out of you. If you keep up the agreed payments, then you will be fine and you can ignore all their gooble junk, IMHO.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One