PPI - Some notes for Claimants - Frequently Asked Questions & Discussion thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, i'm new too this and i need some advice. I took out a car loan with First Trust Bank 7yrs ago, and i had to take out ppi with the loan or it would have been refused to me. The problem i have is that i lost all bank statements from that time in moving home so i don't have any record of this, i am in the process of claiming back bank charges to the sum of 5,550 pounds and am still waiting. I have an outstanding balance of 3,550 pounds with the bank which i paid back £3,100 LEAVING A BALANCE OF £450, when i started the bank charge proccedings i got a letter from county court services ordering me to go to county court for the sum of £450, judge orderd i pay 40 per month which i do but after the bank had finished putting on more charges i went up to £1000, can anyone help me?

Hi Riednet. I am currently fighting RBS in a case involving a loan. In your post you mention that if you were self employed when PPI was taken out, it has been mis-sold, as self employed persons are not covered.

If this is the case this would be a big help in my case, as I was self employed when I took the loan out, and they knew this.

Just wondered if you have any information regarding PPI sold to self employed persons, and on what basis is it considered to be invalid.

Many thanks

IRM

Hello ironroadman you should start your own thread on the PPI forum. This is the way to go...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hi pepople

really need some help ........... sent SAR to mbna and on sat recieved info i needed... cut along story short i have £2200 of debt with mbna/link

i sent sar for details of ppi/default charges ppi £995 charges £1060

now i recieved a unenforceable cca and the ppi was box wasnt ticked as i didnt want it so no tick in yes or no tick in no i want to start my claim but i want to know how to start my letter.... can i just write i didnt want it and my CCA proves this as box wasnt ticked????

would appreciate answers

many thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Can anyone help me out on claiming interest back on a PPI?

My PPI was refunded when I complained at the time (2003). I got a payment back about £530. Now I want to put a claim in for the interest I was paying for it through out the loan, but I can't find no info on this. Is it both compound and statutory 8%?

The loan is paid off now. Am I wasting my time?

Thanks

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

• 1 month later...
Guest MamaG1

I dont understand why we all just seem to be asking for 8% interest back, it seems to me that some of the banks banks are not paying us back in total what is due, as if you paid a single premium it would have been added to the loan amount and hence a higher interest on your overall loan.

The refunds I think should all be tied back and reconsiled back tot heloan amounts, not just the way they do it now. give you a figure htey charged you at the begining before adding to the loan. Then add 8% interest for the time you paid it and also they only pay us back simple interest.

What happened to the compund interest they charged us.

they should pay back the compund not simple is my view.

Can someone please advise or comment.

Can some one also pls post the link to work out PPI Interest calculation, is it the same as the bank account over chages one??.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Can anyone help? im trying to claim my ppi back from VANQUIS they said i agrred to the cover over the phone i asked for a copy and i have recived it today i have listened and after the sales girls waffels on and said it would speed you my application if i take out the ppi and i agreed where do i stand now? can i still make a claim? could someone please help

Thankyou

''it would speed your application IF you took out the PPI'' sounds conditional to me....and not TRULY OPTIONAL.It seems like an inducement

Credit applications are not one way or the other going to be sped up if you decide or decide not to take out PPI...dodgy!!!!

m2ae

Hah hah, I`d keep hold of that recording.

PPI is supposed to protect your payments, not to help speed your application up.

Sounds like a typical missold con to me.

What does your CCA show in respect to the PPI? My Lloyds TSB Credit Card is just a tick in a box which anyone could have ticked at any time. There is no reference to the cost or anything.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hah hah, I`d keep hold of that recording.

PPI is supposed to protect your payments, not to help speed your application up.

Sounds like a typical missold con to me.

What does your CCA show in respect to the PPI? My Lloyds TSB Credit Card is just a tick in a box which anyone could have ticked at any time. There is no reference to the cost or anything.

N.P

Just because there is a box that says tick here if you want PPI does not truly make it optional.The character and substance of the agreement as a whole will tend to show whether it was or not.

For example some Credit card applications have a box for that...but when customers declined to tick they were ALSO refused application for Credit.

Substance not Form is important in these situations...AND in NEDDEY's case s/he has relied on a MISREPRESENTATION..and yes KEEP HOLD OF THAT RECORDING..PURE EVIDENCE!!!!

m2ae

I have an Abbey loan, and I'm 100% sure it has PPI. I have looked for my agreement but can't find it.

Is there a template letter for me to send to request a copy of my agreement?

Thanks

Hi m2ae,

I never thought about that, the thing is though, how would I prove that?

I mean, anyone could have ticked that box, but if it wasn`t ticked and I was refused credit, how would I know if I was refused due to not accepting the PPI if the agreement mentions nothing of the sort?

Could one not say that about the Brighthouse agreements we often see? Those agreements often require you to have their so-called optional covers.

N.P

If I have helped or made you laugh in any way in your hour of need, then please click my scales <<<<<<<<<< ;)

Hi m2ae,

I never thought about that, the thing is though, how would I prove that?

I mean, anyone could have ticked that box, but if it wasn`t ticked and I was refused credit, how would I know if I was refused due to not accepting the PPI if the agreement mentions nothing of the sort?

Could one not say that about the Brighthouse agreements we often see? Those agreements often require you to have their so-called optional covers.

N.P

One way would be to compare a like for like agreement where the terms and conditions are identical and then look to see the difference if one has been accepted for the credit and the other declined where one has ticked for PPI and the other has not.

In reality and truth there should be no difference IF the PPI was in truth OPTIONAL both Credit agreements ought be accepted...subject to both applicants being creditworthy and ''all other things being equal'' so to speak.

If A has ticked in the optional PPI box and been accepted whereas B did not tick the box but wanted ''to shop elsewhere for a better deal'' and was declined the Credit that would tend to show that that PPI was not in fact TRULY OPTIONAL but the Credit was conditional upon PPI.

That would also show that there is a tendency in the industry or within that specific banking organisation. to practice unfairly as per CPUTR 2008.

You and a creditworthy friend should try it out.....away from the banks premises cos then you'll have time to cool off and cancel without repercussions.

Also I remember reading that the Agreements Amendment Regs 2004 have separate consent and signature boxes now for distinct products bought in connection with the main financial product i.e loan,credit....

Actually that's a good idea...why dont you and a mate take out agreements within the same organisation and do this again again throughout each separate distinct organisation and see if there is what we already know.... a practice of misselling.

m2ae

Edited by means2anend

But, what if you were turned down due to your credit rating, without wanting the PPI?

You couldn`t say you were turned down because you never took out the PPI, they could just say the system thinks your a high risk.

N.P

Hi

Can anyone help? im trying to claim my ppi back from VANQUIS they said i agrred to the cover over the phone i asked for a copy and i have recived it today i have listened and after the sales girls waffels on and said it would speed you my application if i take out the ppi and i agreed where do i stand now? can i still make a claim? could someone please help

Thankyou

NEDDEY

Telephone calls Emails and all electronically held KEY information if not disclosed may lead to a huge costly failure on behalf of the banks even if they were to win on the main issues::)

Earles v Barclays Bank Plc [2009] EWHC 2500 (Mercantile) (08 October 2009)

ASK for those recordings!!!!

m2ae

I have an Abbey loan, and I'm 100% sure it has PPI. I have looked for my agreement but can't find it.

Thanks

Thanks

There is I shall find a link for you!

m2ae