Situation with retailer - advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

At Xmas i ordered a pair of Ugg boots from a big shoe retailer, they sent a pair and there was 2 different boots in the box. I rang up a few times and finally got a new pair sent out with the agreement that i would return the wrong ones. To my surprise 2 pairs turned up a couple of days later. I took the orignal boots (2different ones) back into the store explained that i had recieved the replacements but the assistant still issued me a refund. Where do i stand in this situation as i know for a fact that this wont go un-noticed.

Thanks in advance

The right thing to do would be contact the company and inform them of their mistake.

However, you could always keep quiet and if nothing is said in the next few months then you could start to enjoy the mistake.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

Well you should return the extra pair of boots or at least let them know - obviously the mistake may go unoticed, but I believe that they would have the right to charge you for both pairs of boots. You could of course then decide to return one of the pairs, but if you've already worn both of them then you have potentially accepted both pairs and you may end up paying for both of them if they realise the mistake.