BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3421 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I've signed up to switch from BG to EDF for duel fuel, but BG have block the electicty part of the move.

The account is in credit, but the have sent two letters stating that the object to switch.

I called them after the first letter, and the lass couldn't understand why they put a block on it, and told me to ask EDF to re-apply, and it should go through ok.

Now, got another letter today stating the same thing, managed after a few phone calls to get trhough to some one with a bit of sense, and they told me I couldn't move because I had a pre-payment meter. This is rubbish as I have a standard meter, and pay bills by DD.

In fact I had a problem with BG last year not sending me a bill for 2 years, but then updating the meter (from an old wheel style to a new digi style), and at this point they though I was on a pre-payment meter (I wasn't), so they managed to find a reading from the old meter, took the final reading from the old meter and gave me an estimated bill over 12 months, and replaced the meter. So at this point they should have updated their records.

Now, I've paid off the 12 months electric, and managed to get my account in to credit, and my websaver deal has come to an end, but they object to the move as they think I am on a pre-payment meter.

I am fuming, and I just want to get rid of them for good.:mad2:

Cheers,

RM.

Hi Roy

Don't deal with this over the phone, they are incompetent, write a letter to them explaining that you want to transfer from BG to EDF, if it's blocked again follow

OFGEM's complaint procedure. Send the letter Recorded.

http://www.ofgem.gov.uk/Consumers/Pages/Consumer.aspx

I got nowhere when I had a complaint against BG until I emailed Sam Laidlaw, their CEO with the details. Result!

Sorry - the site won't let me post the email address, but you can google it.

Good luck!