Another offer!!!! but is it????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I received a letter today from halifax card services saying that the £25 charges are legal because i had signed the agreement inwhich it states this. Therefor i am not intitled to any refund. Has anyon else had a letter like this or does anyone know if what they are saying is true and i am unable to claim back late fee charges??

alexthekid

It is entirely untrue and you can and should claim them. Regardless of the T&C's that you signed these charges are unlawful. Claim them all.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

• 2 weeks later...

Just the account number will do.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all just received an improved off from halifax for £532.00 increased for £180. I am claiming a total of £723. In their letter they improved their off to £532 and include an acceptance form but by looking at the acceptance form i have noticed a few mistakes (tho i suspect on purpose).

Fist of all they have only put £432 instead of £532 on the form i am signing and secondly the have put in the acceptance form that ' i accept the offer of £432.00 from halifax in full and final settlement of my complaint regarding bank charges made on my halifax accounts. Notice they have put accountS and not account. As i have just filled a moneyclaim against them for my credit card charges i fear that they are trying to get me to agree to this and this would also act as a settlement for my credit card charges.

Very underhanded tactics i think.

Has anyone else had this type of letter?

alexthekid

Accept offer as part payment only. You cannot just turn it down.

The halifax will say no and then you continue down the track.

Keep going you will get your money.

Halifax - £2500

Legal & Trade - Webt to courtfor Breach CCA, Complained to OFT they ruled in my favour, So did court, 2k written off.

NatWest - Contactual Interest - Won:p

• 2 weeks later...

I filled my cliam online at the end of August. I received a letter from the court saying it has been served to halifax on the 4th. I received acknowledge from halifax on the 7th saying they intend to defend. Since then i have heard nothing, it seems that they are paying out a lot quickly to others. I dont have an account with them anymore. Is it possible that they have just forgotten about it or are they making me wait??

Any advice would be great.

alexthekid

Maybe a quick call to give them a nugde wouldnt go a miss? It may just be a case of it taking longer when they have to raise a cheque instead of a direct transfer into the account.

This is one of my concerns as our account is with a dmc cos its 1800 overdrawn but we still get statements every month and it has been converted to a cash card account so i presume its still an 'open' account.

Just ring up and chase it

Clark xx:p

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes:

Not really,just imagine how busy these people are with thousands and thousands of claims coming in with 14 day deadlines.I'd love to be a fly on the wall.lololol.Be patient it will come.

HALIFAX CURRENT ACCOUNT SETTLED IN FULL 9/9/06.

N1 form completed 05-06-07,LBA sent 14-05-07,2nd go!Prelim sent 24/04/07

Halifax Visa 1.Paid in full

Halifax Classic.Paid in full.

LBA sent 14-05-07,GMAC prelim sent 24/04/07

Data Protection Act for halifax mortgage 16/09/06.