PCN bus lane fine - wrong name

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have just returned home after a holiday to find a PCN from liverpool city council. I was driving in a bus lane on Old Heymarket street on the 28th Dec 2010. I do not really have much to contest as the footage clearly shows that I was in the wrong, however they have spelt my name completely wrong. They have addressed the letter to Grahame not Graeme, is there a case for appeal based upon these grounds?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Kind Regards

The name is taken from the v5 details held at the DVLA and printed on the PCN by computer at some point the DVLA have been given the wrong spelling. You cannot appeal on the grounds the name is wrong only the person on the PCN is able to appeal, therefore if you claim its not you you cannot appeal. The only option would be return to sender addressee not known and then to ignore everything and then hope it doesn't end up at the baliffs. Its a risky gamble I wouldn't recommend you are better off paying or finding a more credible grounds of appeal.