Nat West told me your facts are wrong

jpcooling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So this morning I got an unpaid DD charge of £38 (the initial payment was actually less than that).

I contacted them to ask for a reversal in their charge and quoted info as seen in your second letter asking for the money back. They implied the whole thing was nonsense and said that the following was wrong because the 'law hasn't been imposed yet'...They told me I would not be getting a refund.

"Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006 and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to the contrary".

What were you expecting?

Did you think they would admit their charges are unlawful?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The OFT have no power to implement laws, and there was no change in law on 5th April. The laws we are relying on date back years - there is nothing new.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi JP 1st may I suggest you read the FAQ's & some of the threads. You will then see that the banks staff know nowt & talk absolute rubbish.

The law affecting the banks unlawful charges is long set case law going back years. Not only that they are also in breach ot the Unfair Contracts Act. & they know it. It's the reason why none of them will go into court to argue their case.

Check the template letters & don't bother phoning or going in, just write. Also it's pointless arguing with a member of the bank staff who is an idiot & who pretends to know what they are talking about.

Yeah I know it has to be in writing. Thing is I'm already claiming from TSB for over £1000 and thought I could avoid falling out with Natwest over £38. This is not the case.

Seems like I will be taking all my banks to court, every 2 months, forever.

I cant leave this one though cos the £38 charge will incur further huge overdraft charges..and that could end up costing my hundreds.

joncris- please can I ask that you refrain from calling bank staff "idiots" I do find that comment as being unfair to staff whose hands are tied by those who are making decisions that we as staff have to abide by. I am bank staff. do you class me as an idiot?

I've have no idea if your an idiot. Whilst I don't think you are as I have read many of your good posts but if you told a customer what jp was told then yes I'm sorry to say I'm mistaken & you are an idiot as what was said is neither accurate or true in the slightest sense of the word.

I will accept that not all bank staff are idiots but as most of us here (including me) have experienced far to many who are & the thing is they treat us as if we

are also idiots by coming out with the most ridiculous statements which most of the time are completely unnecessary & meant to impress & convey a knowledge which they don't have

On the otherhand you say your hands are tied & by that are you claiming that you/they know they are talking misleading rubbish but do it anyway! If you are that’s even worse because a misguided fool can be forgiven but a lair never

the thing is they treat us as if we

are also idiots by coming out with the most ridiculous statements which most of the time are completely unnecessary & meant to impress & convey a knowledge which they don't have

I'd like to second that.

-Warms (Alexandra)-

---------------------------------------------

Whatever I post is just my opinion, no more, no less!:!:

NatWest=>settled in full, no strings!:D

NatWest creditcard=>settled in full, no strings!:D

I think its harsh to call bank staff idiots...and also think it's harsh to claim they treat us like idiots, because they are only doing what they are told by their boss's...who have in interest in keeping customers from knowing their real rights...its the heads at the banks who are realy the idiots...because they know the truth and are trying to fool all of us...including their own staff

NatWest:

**£466.28 Settled In Full 21/08/06**

Halifax:

**Full settlement of £107.52 offerd and accepted 25/10/06**

GE Money:

**£48 settled In Full 19/09/06**

Barclays Bank:

**Full settlement of £90 offered and accepted on 24/10/06**

Alliance & Leicester:

**£170 Refunded In Full 17/09/07 (Charges due to bank error but still had to fight them for almost 3 weeks to get back)**

"Thin-de le'hasuan 'aloun'myin-del bpi-de gka-de hasou-de paya"

"Learn the gifts of all sights, or finish in the dance of the fallen gods."

kev one must assume from your remarks that you think bank staff over the last couple of years have never read a paper, listened to the news or had access to the internet!

As many here will testify they do treat us like idiots much of the time, even in writing if the last letter I have just received from Nat West is anything to go by

I stand by what i say....they're just doing there jobs....and it's not worth them speaking up and getting fired is it.....I wonder if JC agree's with all his employers policys...anyways....not our thread to take over...if you have something to say JC then post a new thread....

NatWest:

Halifax:

GE Money:

Barclays Bank:

Alliance & Leicester:

**£170 Refunded In Full 17/09/07 (Charges due to bank error but still had to fight them for almost 3 weeks to get back)**

Sorry for the argument jpcooling.....you made a good point but its sad to say that the banks say the same thing to evryone...

NatWest:

Halifax:

GE Money:

Barclays Bank:

Alliance & Leicester:

I've already said it & I didn't start this tack I simply called many of them as being idiots. You want to defend bank staff cos they is "only following orders" feel free.

Much of what they claim/say has not been passed on from on high. As we now know many make it up as they go along thinking we the simple minded consumer will accept it.

For myself I would never ever indulge an employer by lying on their behalf.

jpcooling-I would like to apologise for starting something on YOUR thread and apologise because i took offence at the idea that ALL bank staff are idiots. THIS IS YOUR THREAD AND I SINCERELY APOLOGISE TO YOU.

I will not post further on YOUR THREAD unless it is to help you with information that is specific to you. Joncris and Kev can we close this argument as it is not helping jpcooling to get HIS money back? PLEASE GUYS- start a new thread on general, Bank Workers or other threads and we can have a discussion on this point. PLEASE WE ARE NOT HELPING JPCOOLING.

Just follow the help topics in the FAQs library for more guidance, im sure they wouldn't close your account over a claim of £38. I have spoken to staff who have told me that yes people are claiming back bank charges. Good Luck in claiming back what is rightfully yours.

George Loveless - “We raise the watchword, liberty. We will, we will, we will be free!"

My advice is only my opinion, I am not a legal expert.

IF YOU LIKE THE ADVICE I'M GIVING AND ARE HAPPY WITH IT, CLICK THE SCALES ON THE BOTTOM LEFT OF THIS POST AND TELL ME.