HFC (Household Bank) & Restons

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3766 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This may waffle a bit but I am hoping it will make sense. :???:

Back in 2003 I had an personal loan from Household Bank. All was fine and I paid the monthly sum religiously up until about 18mths ago when my financial situation changed and I couldn't manage to meet the amount due. I then contacted Household Bank and agreed with them to make payments at a reduced rate. Unfortunately, I fell behind with these as well. I was sent a CCJ and paid a couple of month's on this but then once again fell behind. Restons then landed in the picture and attempted to place a 'charging order' on the house.

By now I had also contacted Household, which by now had become HFC, with regard to attempting to reclaim my PPI. They sent me a form which I duly completed and to date (now some 4mths later), I have not heard anything from them at all.

However, Restons have still be chasing me like a Jack Russel chewing a bone. They now want to slap me with an Attachment of Earnings for £210 per month! I have also been sent the paperwork to complete my income/expenditure etc, which I returned. I wrote (quite a strongly worded letter) and explained to them that I was still waiting to hear from HFC regarding the PPI claim. I accused them of harrassing me and bullying me into submission of payments, I also told them that I believed that HFC were using delaying tactics by not contacting me. I stated that whilst the account was in dispute I was under no obligation to pay them anything at all even though I had made an offer of £30 per month for the moment which is all I can afford.

So today I received a letter back from Restons, saying that they disagreed with my statements on harrassment, bullying and delaying. They pointed out that even if I did get PPI repaid it would be offset against my debt (I already knew this would happen). Mind you having said that, I received PPI refunds from Lloyds TSB who not only gave me back the money, but they also deducted it from what I owed them! Restons also say that they have never received my offer of £30 per month.

I am supposed to attend court on 24 January to hear what is to happen over the Suspended Attachment of Earnings and I have also to respond to Restons letter of today by 19 January as they want some more information about income/expenditure.

Can anyone give me advice on how to proceed from here and how to avoid this Attachment of Earnings being enforced.